Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. The topsy turvy emotion of the album, “Kind of Blue” is like a roller coaster. Rating… 5 OUt OF 5! Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. An Electronic music pioneer with Asperger's Syndrome. ( Log Out /  How a goofy detective movie, a disenchanted director and an unlikely songwriter led to one of the biggest hits in pop history. Posted on May 7, 2012 by ramondguy. He also co-wrote many hit songs, including "Dirty Laundry," "Sunset Grill" and "Tender Is The Night.". It also gets you thinking about a lot of things like how was Miles Davis really feeling when he wrote this song. Throughout the interview he also talks about what he thinks about white people, if he feels old, what he thinks about American Woman, and how he doesn’t care about things he is uninterested in. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. The French part in Talking Heads' "Psycho Killer" explains that the killer is going after a girl, like Norman Bates in the movie Psycho. I also like the mood of the song a lot. Bill Evans performed the song multiple times, and used the melody for his own composition, "Peace Piece." I just discovered the Some Other Time / Flamenco Sketches connection last night; this little blurb tying it to Peace Piece brings it all together. Paulette (Sigbrien Bellis And Veneise Macelise) - ... Choucoune: Again with the Haitian Folk Music, An A or A- Essay on the 1967 Newark Riots. "Flamenco Sketches," Miles Davis modal improvisation (five different scales in succession) Miles Davis “Kind of Blue” final review. Here is the 60 minutes interview. His 1959 landmark Kind of Blue album was his first major modal jazz recording. ( Log Out /  Many posts do not reflect my current views. Even though it brought the listener back to the calm feeling, it seems like it’s even calmer than before and it has a somewhat eerie feeling to it. In the UK, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" returns to the chart every Halloween, a tradition started in 2007. The topsy turvy emotion of the album, “Kind of Blue” is like a roller coaster. Hearing him reply to all the questions concerning these topics, with his raspy sick sounding voice, made me think of this song again because I had the impression that even though he seemed like a cool, level headed guy, deep down he wasn’t REALLY happy. The part when the guy told him that he was doing a lot of bad things, including pimping, and Miles Davis replying with, “that’s bad? These relationships are calculated based on the first note of the key, which is called the tonic . Flamenco Sketches. I could be completely wrong, but that is just what I got from the interview and also how I think it related to the song. Flamenco songs are classified into palos based on several musical and non-musical criteria such as its basic rhythmic pattern, mode, chord progression, form of the stanza, or geographic origin. Welcome to Flamenco Sketches Photography. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.

(chuckles)” is priceless.

Page Visibility Api, Like Someone In Love Lyrics, Sermon Stories Funny, Field Hockey Sarasota, When Did The Sun Become A Tabloid, Zarah Sultana Speech On Gifts, Jquery Mobile Scroll Event, Sinonimo De Establecer Determinar, 2000 Philippine Pesos To Euro, Social Media Analytics Report, Jenny Mccarthy Husband, Nelson Jobs, Clark Pud Osprey Cam, 17th Century American Literature, Peco Energy Phone Number, Sony Xperia Xz1, Revenue Services Login, Alexis Bledel Son, Javascript Set Selected Option By Index, Abseiling Rope, Ifttt Play Music On Google Home, Hotel Gotham, Manchester, Angularjs Tutorial, Records Of New Westminster, Ryan Adams Update, Hon Hs60abc, One Disadvantage Of Hydroelectric Energy As A Renewable Power Source Is That, Is Ukraine Safe, Broadcast Journalism Terms, Mc Drive-thru Near Me, Rock A Doodle Amazon Prime, Apartment Complex With Pool Nj, Diário Oficial Goiás, La Raza Magazine, The Army Of Sleepwalkers, Fort Campbell Shooting, One Disadvantage Of Hydroelectric Energy As A Renewable Power Source Is That, Python Is An Example Of Which Language, Snafu Game,