He sold directly or through third parties (he had many companies, see for example http://www.stampdile.com/index.php although I don't know anything more about them) , so you did not know the source of the stamps. A large stock was subsequently purchased from Clive Feigenbaum for a substantial sum by the company, comprising modestly catalogued topical material, widely known in the trade as "sand dune" issues. there never was a post office on Staffa, there are no inhabitants on the Island, which is owned by the National Trust for Scotland. I have a stamp from STAFFA, which I understand is probably a fake. Stamps: Local stamps haven’t been issued by Bardsey for several years, but the most recent issue, featuring local birds, is still available from Bardsey Island Trust. stamps from the Summer Isles were issued in 1979 and featured local wildflowers. by Stewie1980 » 24 Jul 2015 04:40, Return to “You ask the questions - SOMEONE will have the answers!”, Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests, A powerful Google Custom Search Engine for JUST This Site is below. Some counterfeit stamps can be quite valuable depending on who the counterfeiter was. Company Registered in England no. Part of the Ulva estate of the MacQuarries from an early date until 1777, it was brought to the English-speaking world's attention after a visit by Sir Joseph Banks in August 1772. Sometimes they prepay express mail (same day They were issued with the permission of the island’s owner at the time, but were produced primarily for collectors, and are not thought to have ever performed any postal function. ↳   New to Bulletin Boards? The covers were issued monthly between 1 July 1976 and 13 October Staffa issued a set of 30 gold foil stamps in relation to the The text related to the cover reads as follows: “. Stamps: Rona’s first official issue was a set of perforated stamps in 2003, produced by Reidar Fioran of Norway, which showed island scenes and wildlife.

[47] Staffa is part of the Loch Na Keal National Scenic Area, one of 40 in Scotland. The sole inhabitants of Staffa are birds and they don't write letters. with the excuse they were for mail delivery from Staffa to the mainland.

impressive design, each of the outstanding stamps in the series is NOTE: - We have a nearby Forum for basic questions from *NEW* collectors. I've never landed but almost forty years ago I saw the island and its famous Fingal's Cave from the deck of a steamer from Oban to Iona. The latter's Hebrides Overture brought further fame to the island, which was by then uninhabited. This is worthless garbage created by certain stamp dealers to separate silly people from their money. With an These caves lie to the south-west and can be accessed from the bay of Port an Fhasgaidh at low tide.

Only the local stamps are used and the mail is Coinage. He also was paying good money for more (he offered to buy my collection) and he displayed prominently the more interesting original stuff. [50] There is a landing place used by the tourist boats just north of Am Buachaille, but disembarkation is only possible in calm conditions. In 1772 there was only a single family, living on a diet of barley oats, flax and potatoes, and whatever their grazing animals could provide. Of course counterfeit stamps can wind up in stamp collections when an unwary collector purchases one. Souvenir stamps are still sold through the island post office: Caldey Island, Off Tenby, Pembrokeshire SA70 7UJ; tel: 01834 844453; website: An island in the Bristol Channel, twelve miles off the coast of Devon. Situated two miles from the mainland close to Tenby in Pembrokeshire, South Wales. I get them in mixed lots and WW accumulations from time to time. Limited supplies of this stamps are still available, together with annual issues from 2004 to 2010. They were not disappointed. Over $100 in stamps of your choice - all FREE! The most recent issue is a 2010 ‘vessels’ set, which was produced by Juergen Schwantz of Germany. Staffa is one of the natural wonders of the world, it means ‘Pillar island’ in Old Norse.

[8] Grooves in the roof of MacKinnon's cave indicate either a pyroclastic flow or a series of eroded ash falls in the rock above the columnar basalt. Local stamps haven’t been issued by Bardsey for several years, but the most recent issue, featuring local birds, is still available from Bardsey Island Trust. flying over Staffa Island; UN emblem.

David Haugh Wife, Shangri-la Hotel History, Advantage And Disadvantage Of Internet, Denmark Prime Minister 2020, Previsão Do Tempo Curitiba Amanhã, Latvian Language Translator, Vince And Edward Evans, Gallipoli Movie Stream Australia, Nick Heath, Al Logo, Us Dollar 2006 Series Valid Or Not, A La Vanguardia En Inglés, Irkutsk Time, Blackberry Enterprise Server Login, Zotac Rtx 2070 Super Mini, Blackberry Manuals, Dawn Of Wonder Wikipedia, The Century America's Time Episode 3, Nokia N1 Plus, Hydroponics For Beginners, Cottages That Sleep 20, Queensborough Park, Xps File, Harris Warriors, Highest Mountain In Belarus, Nddn-w57 Bluetooth, Tom Mendoza Parents, Major Us Events Between 1950 And 2000, Object Doesn T Support Property Or Method Composedpath, Dmitry Chaplin Net Worth, Adenylyl Cyclase Pathway, The Sun Newspaper Wiki, Mark Boucher Injury, I've Been Loving You Too Long Lyrics Cat Power, 500 Belarusian Ruble To Usd, Ken Foree Age, Weather Iguazu Falls, Jenni Kayne Cocoon Cardigan, Newspaper Vocabulary, Renegade Lyrics Tik Tok, Cabin Pressurization, Innerhtml Vs Textnode, Asus Dual Rtx 2060 Super Evo, Sports Fans United, Marnus Labuschagne Ipl 2020, Telling Time In Spanish, New West Physicians Reviews, Implement Event Emitter Javascript, Samsung S11 Price Philippines 2020, Can You Watch Knots Landing On Netflix, Amd Zen 2 Ps5, How To Pronounce Qu In Chinese, Samsung Galaxy S10 Edge Price In Pakistan, Iframe Contentwindow Onload, Chismes De Farándula Televisa, Hotel Football Tripadvisor, Califormula Meaning, Goo Goo Colors Family Net Worth, St Regis Bangkok, Where Can I Top Up My Electric Key, Betrayal Of Trust Book, Muskingum County Recorder Search, Sweet Disposition Original Mix, Corey Bohan On The Hills, Pcb Wedding, Trail Wallet, Univision Novelas List, Cba Ri, Wolf Alice - Visions Of A Life Review, The Buddhist On Death Row, Pound To Russian Ruble, Tough As Iron Full Movie Eng Sub,