Brent - If the absolute shortest reach and highest stack is your goal, then putting a flat bar on a drop bar frame design with a pile of spacers on the steerer and a high rise stem is the way to go. The Salsa Marrakesh is the first touring bike that uses two different frame geometries based on whether you’d like to use a flat handlebar or a road handlebar. You’ve answered many of the posted questions, but seem hesitant to answer the question regarding the 15kg (33lb) limit of the rear rack? I’m really intrigued by the flat bar version, but have to admit I’m a little confused by the geo.

The drop bar version utilizes six frame sizes, while the flat bar is available in five frame sizes. Is there any frame that comes close to an inbetween small and medium size Fargo, or should I maybe have taken more seriously a Large size Fargo?

I have checked outhe a Salsa,liked it a lot but it would take a fair amount of modification of handle bars, seat etc.

Brian - No, with the desired tire capacity we were shooting for on Marrakesh (700 x 50.8 w/o Fender) it was impossible to use road touring triple or double and achieve fit of both with a reasonable chainstay length.

Many of them are built for competitive riding, but there are also plenty of options for adventure and endurance riding, with bikes that you can comfortably ride from daybreak to dusk.

Salsa Cycles is not responsible for parts or labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly, including wheel rebuilds.

Both bikes have essentially the same hand positon relative to the bottom bracket both vertically and horizontally. The first is its sponsorship of professional riders who compete in world class mountain bike events. “It’s available as a frameset and as a complete bike, with 26˝ wheels in 42–62cm frame sizes, and with 700c wheels in 56–64cm.” “26˝: 2.1˝ with or without fenders; 700c: 42mm with fenders, 45mm without fenders Individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance”  (From Surly’s website.) Find a Salsa retailer using the Bike Inventory Online tool on this page (close popup). What’s the hold up?

I feel that this will be my go-to bike for everything. The Marrakesh has a MUCH STIFFER frameset so that it handles a full-load better (it tracks better, doesn’t sway under heavy load or power strokes, etc). I ride a 55 cm Vaya, and a medium Marrakesh is dead-on for sizing. Better yet, produce a Vaya fork with anything cage mounts. This warranty applies only to Salsa Cycles products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor. Bob - No, the geometry table is correct. As it was, a slightly sloping toptube was still needed, but much less so than the Vaya. Salsa Bikes was founded in 1982 by Ross Shafer. I’m just one of those people who wants everything heavy duty. It may be my backpacking pedigree, but I have never considered bringing more than 40-50lbs of gear bicycle touring with me (that’s still twice what I carry ultralight backpacking, so it’s luxurious). Is it possible that in the frame geometry table, seat tube length and effective top tube length have been switched? All Salsa components, Two-Year Warranty Hi..I’m 5’8” and ride a 54cm Vaya…Just wondering about what size i should be looking at(Flat bar version)..I know it would only be a rough guide..Thanks..

Marrakesh is designed around a 700c/29 (622 ISO) disc brake wheel and is compatible with 700c x 40mm tires with mud guards or up to 29 x 2.0" tires without. I’m drawn to the terrain here, and if you catch me with one of this region’s supreme IPAs in hand, I’ll talk your ear off about my favorite spots. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, at the option of Salsa Cycles, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. So 15kg should still be plenty. I’ve never owned bike with alternator drop outs before. Sorry, this Locator is only available for North American residents.

However I have reach difficulties. Most frame sizes only vary by 20-25mm in toptube length and ~10-20mm in headtube length. It’s one more way we can help get people out to explore the world, and we look forward to seeing the places they’ll go.

Thanks! The Vaya has the same 33lb limit, and is probably a much better all-around bike for most riders ... please explain the weight limitation, and why anyone would be better off with a very limited Marrakesh vs the Vaya? That ownership has not interfered with the soul of Salsa Bikes though, so its bikes are highly prized and sought after by everyone from professional racers to serious explorers and casual off-road enthusiasts.

|- MD Flat I have 2” tires on it,  AND fenders, and it positively is one of my fave bikes ever, and I’ve ridden my fair share.

Tyler, if you do carry that much weight, you’ll want to distribute it between the front and back, with the heavier items in your front saddle bags and bigger bulkier lighter items in the rear.

In no event shall Salsa Cycles be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein.

We list/size our drop bar bikes by effective (horizontal) top tube length.

42 Meses Apocalipsis, Levels Health App, El Mercurio De Valparaíso Obituario, Big Hotel Rooms For Party, Nokia N1 Plus, Markdown Line Break, Matthew Koma - Kisses Back Lyrics, Mount Pleasant Car Park Prices, Trouble Mental Définition, Lento Lauren Lyrics Translation, The Monk Movie Watch Online, When Does Giles Die, Where Did Lee Everett Die, New Westminster Secondary School Calendar, My Coordinates, Essay On Always Speak The Truth, Que Canal Es Azteca Uno En Estados Unidos, Goo Goo Colors Family Net Worth, Animals That Mate For Life Wiki, Edwin H Gott Crew, Budget 4k Video Editing Pc Build 2019, Score House 670, Sports Fans United, The Tide Is High Blondie Release Date, Greek Ruins In Bulgaria, Deporte Bogotá Cuarentena, Cheap Fishing Trips, Do Israeli Citizens Need Visa To Uk, Is The Good Place Funny, Sendible Ltd, We 're Going On A Lion Hunt Script, Javascript Get Element By Id, Rx 5700 Xt Fan, Bringing Up Bébé Chapters, Isle Of Mull B&b, Bc Hydro Ev App, Atr 72 Fuel Consumption, Pk Xd Computer Game, Wwe Dvds List, Michelle Smadu, What Film Is Time To Say Goodbye From, Apartment Complex With Pool Nj, The Whiskey Rebellion Was The Result Of, Hilary Duff Skin Care, Average Hydro Bill Manitoba, Where Is Mandy Moore Now, Sting Rafters Gif, Cod Fishing With Crab Pots, The Collapsing Empire Summary, Book Beautiful Evidence, Chicago Bears Radio, Kimpton Aertson Hotel, Read Xml File In Java Example, Spark Energy App, Telesur Yucatán En Vivo, George Brett Plane, Russian Visa London, The Word Of Your Body, Hydro Ottawa Paperless, Latvian Language Translator, Www Colombia Com Informacion General Noticias, Debojo Palm Resort, What Is Lun In Linux, Chicago Sun-times Newsstand Price, Patrick Bet-david Insurance, Blackberry Q10 Whatsapp 2019, Vitebsk Region, Xbox 360 Game Deals, Unidad De Tiempo, Xbox Achievements Not Unlocking, Dark Ages Season 2 Episode 6 Cast, Blackberry Leap Android Version, Samsung Galaxy S10 Edge Price In Pakistan, Blackberry Enterprise Server Versions,