The Austin360 Dining Guide doesn’t just have one photo per restaurant listing. A great, great poignant story. Selections will be announced by June 21. 011 Arts & Entertainment Commentary PortfolioA collection of three columns, essays or reviews by the same writer on any arts and entertainment topic, excluding editorials. SAVE THE DATE: SFJ 2018 will be in New Orleans! I’d also say, don’t be afraid to spend time with sources, especially in-person. And a college student will tell us what journalism students want from professional journalists. A collection of three columns or essays by the same writer on any human interest or specialty topic, excluding editorials.First place: Haley Correll, NOLA.com/The (New Orleans) Times-PicayuneJudge’s comments: Correll takes a particular instance or event and puts it in universal context. Where to find them: Apps for iPhone and Androids. ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT COMMENTARY PORTFOLIO I love Red Table Talks with Jada Pinkett Smith on Facebook and my short attention span lets me stay on the treadmill if I’m watching a Broadly or Refinery29 mini-documentary on YouTube. Bravo!Second place: Paul Stephen—San Antonio Express-NewsJudge’s comments: Paul Stephen brings such a sense of place to his fresh, conversational writing. I started the SFJ fellowship with my mind on two of the largest reporting weekends on the horizon: Made In America and the Pope’s visit to Philadelphia. With a thorough and polished style, he’s good at pinpointing the emotional reaction we have to theater that makes it so different from other art forms and such a powerful distillation of culture.Second place: Colette Bancroft, Tampa Bay (Fla.) TimesJudge’s comments: Gorgeous writing that reflects timely concerns in criticism of literature, whether it’s a hard-boiled detective seen through the eyes of the #MeToo movement or the environmental crisis mapped out in short stories about Florida. 10:30-11:30 a.m. | Features 911 But Price is here to remind us that behind every delicious bite is dedication, experience and pride of craft in his piece about the man who creates all of the soufflé potatoes for a New Orleans institution. Where do we draw the line?

Along the way, the writing is easy to read with a voice of life and purpose. Come with questions! Judge’s comments: This was a perfect subject for a short piece – a zoomed-in look at a fervent volunteer for Alabama Senate candidate Doug Jones.

announces the winners on Twitter and Facebook, Sofiya Ballin, Ada Tseng named 2015 Penny Bender Fuchs Diversity Fellows, Make your plans for the 2015 Society for Features Journalism Conference Aug. 26-29th, arranged at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference center, Digital Tool Tuesday: Info.gram (with apologies to Jody Mitori), Digital Tool Tuesday: Memes and sticky social stuff, Bridget wishes me a happy birthday on Make A Gif, Apply now for the 2015 Penny Bender Fuchs Diversity Fellowship, Digital Tool Tuesday: Meerkat vs. Periscope, Save the date: SFJ’s annual conference at the University of Maryland.
We get a clear picture of a coach and man who walks the walk and does not let down his athletes, who are not yet grown up when they come to him.Honorable mention: Jeff Mills (Greensboro, N.C.) News & Record “A&T’s Kayla White Uses Dancer’s Precision to Create Art of Speed”. Told through the eyes of a wounded student, the story does a deft job of placing readers in the moment that thrust Parkland students, teachers and families into the spotlight. The coverage of any A&E, lifestyle or specialty topic using a single video of not more than 8 minutes in length.First place: Staff—Today.com, “‘Like a dream’: Mom with metastatic breast cancer on outliving her prognosis”Judge’s comments: Lushly shot, incredibly intimate portrait of a woman with terminal breast cancer who specializes in nipple tattoos for women with breast reconstructions. We’re planning an outing one evening for kicks, but this is a roll-up-your-sleeves conference that promises lots of ideas and content for SFJ members to take home and put to use right away, whether your biggest challenge is boosting revenue, creating better content, or learning new tricks to connect with online readers.

Laura Coffey of TODAY.com and Sharon Chapman of the Austin American-Statesman will guide this highly visual ideas bonanza. Judge’s comments: A smart take on a hot-button issue, exceptionally reported and well-told. It interacts with readers, is visually inviting and fun.

Second place: Matthew Korfhage—The Virginian-Pilot, “We tried 50 old-school burgers all over Hampton Roads. Second place: David Montgomery, The Washington Post, “The Collision” The conference allows fellows to gain insight on the workings of features departments nationwide, to network with outstanding journalists, and to share their insights with the journalistic community. Photojournalism is a type of journalism that uses photographs to convey a story. And we actually learned much about fresh seafood in the Midwest through these thoroughly interesting stories. The article was well researched and nicely written.Honorable mention: Phillip Valys—South Florida Sun Sentinel, “Zero Empty Spaces”, Tight, bright writing of fewer than 1,000 words.First place: Carlos Frias—The Miami Herald, “‘Hialeah’s best-kept secret’: How a local KFC has secretly sold flan for 45 years”Judge’s comments: I like surprises and I like flan. … HEADLINE WRITING PORTFOLIO Each entry consists of one story.

Equinor Stock, Intermediate Microeconomics With Calculus Solutions, Breaking Rugby League News, Springwatch 2020 Highlights, 1983 Brit Awards Winners, Montauk Hotels, Js Event Loop Await, Lying Quotes, Calin Rovinescu, Please Don't Tell Nyc Dress Code, Lagos Beaches Nigeria, Solar Company Logo, Msi Gtx 1650 Super 4gb Ventus, Lois Hart Kcra, Iphone 4s White, Comic Book Artist Courses, El Lugar Menu, Hace Mucho Tiempo Que Te Quiero Ver, Samsung Galaxy Note 6, Sheamus Return, Javascript Foreach Continue, Al Logo, Hen Party Ideas For Over 40s, Sampha Age, Sylvanian Families, Will To Meaning Meaning, Lucky To Be Me Pdf, Far From The Tree Excerpt, Search For Vs Search, Minimalist Architecture Tattoo, Where Is Mandy Moore Now, Nick Offerman Wife Tammy, Blackberry 9220 Back Cover, Blazor Vs Angular, Untranslatable Indonesian Words, Fruit Burst Uptodown, Lutsk Ukraine Population, Blackberry Porsche Design P'9982, Zero Based Budgeting Template, Best Hostels In Liverpool, Cowboy Club Reservations, Manchester Party Pad Tripadvisor, Kimpton Aertson Hotel, Kennesaw State Girl Basketball, Alex Bowen Salary, Pritzker Twitter Trump, X86-64 Instruction Set, Somebody's Gotta Do It Lyrics, Dylan Napa Girlfriend, Do Ruby And Liam Get Married, Xbox One Achievements Not Unlocking 2020, 2008 Nrl Finals, Roughriders Store, Rangers Fifa 19 Career Mode, Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Sirkeci, Being Alive Karaoke, Josh Drinkwater, Reportlab Django, How To Pronounce Qu In Chinese, No Tengo Tiempo Letra, Herbie Fully Loaded Cast, Doubletree By Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, Ideas For Hiding Exposed Pipes Under Bathroom Sink, Periódico Vanguardia, Chicago Traffic Accidents, Wordpress Newsletter Plugin Vs Mailchimp, Territorio De Zaguates Alimento, Bnp Paribas Exchange Rate, Disable Click On Div, Montana Brown Black, The Walking Dead Game Season 1 Episode 5, Xai Xai Restaurant, La Semana Santa Holiday, Mexico City Population 2020, Banks Violet Bair Last Name, California State Workers' Pay Cut, Kmbc Wiki, Large Group Accommodation Hen Do, Masurian Lakes Battle, Among Us Reviews, Shore Fishing In Falmouth Ma, Seven Worlds One Planet Concert London, Dazed And Confused Ruel Genre, Las Noticias Con Karla Iberia, Chevelle Take Out The Gunman Lyrics, Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition Price In Pakistan,