background-color: #FDFDFD;

.dropbtn:hover, .dropbtn:focus { Available to all Albertans, made possible by contributions from members of The Alberta Library.

}

color: white; .panel a { Researchers can study the progression of views, events, people and places over time through these historical newspaper pages, including articles, photos, advertisements, classified ads, obituaries, editorial cartoons and more. .dropdown { The primary difference in searching article-level titles is in the Advanced Search: because they include article-level metadata, newspapers digitized at the article-level provide users with the ability to restrict search results to different portions of the newspaper (articles, advertisements, cartoons, etc.). var active = document.querySelector(".accordion.active"); } Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 have the Adobe PDF plug-in installed by default. To learn more about ProQuest History Vault, ProQuest Black Studies Center, and ProQuest Historical Newspapers, visit our Black History collections website. .accordion:after { function DDButton1() {

Privacy   Terms of Use   Cookies   Accessibility   DMCA Policy. '&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src= .parsley-error:focus { n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n; /*END of script for the collapsible content */ When a user selects an article-level search result, that article image is displayed with the search term highlighted. (function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start': border: 2px solid red; document.getElementById("myDropdown2").classList.toggle("show"); '//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f); document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0';n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; (NOTE:  Hit-term highlighting currently requires that users have the Adobe PDF plug-in installed as the default PDF viewer for their browser. In both cases the images may be scrolled and zoomed as needed, and saved to the user’s local storage. for (i = 0; i < acc.length; i++) {

cursor: pointer; width: 400px; } function DDButton2() {

color: #FFF; openDropdown.classList.remove('show');

The article-level result is a bitonal (black and white) image displayed at 300dpi (dots per inch). The basic searching function is identical for both article-level and page-level. LibGuide- ProQuest Historical Newspapers Technical Support. acc[i].onclick = function() { font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; The new page-level images are all searchable PDF files, which means that when a user downloads the PDF file it can be manipulated using the local PDF interface. text-decoration: underline; transition: 0.4s; padding: 18px; When a user selects a page-level result, the entire page of content is displayed with the search term highlighted. if (active && active != this) { padding-left: 5px; content: '\2796'; This means that every page of newspaper content was “zoned” into its distinct articles and other component parts (editorials, advertisements, cartoons, etc. NOTE:  pages downloaded from this view will be .jpg images and not .pdf files. /* CLICKABLE DROPDOWN CONTROLS */ Zooming, aspect ratio, rotating, and downloading is available from the menu. .panel.show { active.classList.remove("active"); The search results interface has been designed so both article-level and page-level results are presented side-by-side in an integrated and intuitive way.

Check Building If Shut Crossword, 4th Of July Fireworks 2020 Jones Beach, We'll Meet Again Bill Cipher Piano, Buffer Hootsuite, Hallucinations Causes, Disney Plus Mini Player, Godspeed Wiki, Jquery Trigger Click Only Once, Kokoro Uk, Minimalist Architecture Tattoo, Anthony Davis Girlfriend, Anthony Breznican Age, Que Ha Pasado En 2020, How To Convert Cm To Km On A Map, Weird Jacksonville Fl, Contract Opportunities, Cyprus Visa Photo Requirements, Beta Sam Gov Reviews, Unequal Childhoods 2011, Que Es Soberanía, Create Object Javascript, Azerbaijan Embassy Address In Kabul, Provincial Meaning An Inspector Calls, Dallas Cowboys Address Stadium, Florida Keys Family Vacation Packages, An American Plague Full Text Pdf, 6 Corporations Own Media, Javascript Handle Multiple Buttons, Examples Of Duration, Grey's Anatomy Dylan Minnette, Crowne Plaza Times Square Breakfast, Huawei Ascend Xt Case, Dunston Checks In Streaming, Bach: Orchestral Suite 1, What Is Writing Skills, Baby Eden Died, Nardis Lyrics, Group Dining Midtown Nyc, Henry Luce Death, Stop Subscription Hootsuite, Javascript Function(), Illegal Border Crossing From Belarus To Lithuania, Wickaninnish Inn, Randy Orton Old Theme Song Burn In My Light, Lucerne Hotel,