The narrator of Munro’s story, Spelling, contemplates the meaning of words while visiting an old woman. P. Hartley, Words gushing and tumbling as if a hose had been turned on —Rose Tremain, Words gush like toothpaste —Margaret Atwood, The words [just spoken] hung like smoke in the air —Doris Grumbach, Words … like bits of cold wind —Mary Hedin, (She dealt her) words like blades —Emily Dickinson, Words, like butterflies, stagger from his lips —John Updike, Words, like glass, obscure when they do not aid vision —Joseph Joubet, Words … limp and clear like a jellyfish … hard and mean and secretive like a horned snail … austere and comical as top hats, or smooth and lively and flattering as ribbons —Alice Munro, The word spiralled through the silence like a worm in wood —Harris Downey, The words (out) of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords —, Words … plunked down with a click like chessmen —Yehuda Amichai, Words … poured wetly from her red lips as from a pitcher —Lynne Sharon Schwartz, The words rang in the silence like the sound of a great cash register —Kingsley Amis, Words ran together too quickly, like rapid water —Joanna Wojewski Higgins.
We also have lists of Words that end with no, and words that start with no. She got the information by word of mouth. Words roll around in Benna’s mouth [heroine of novel, Words that string and creep like insects —Conrad Aiken, Words … tumbling out and tripping over each other like mice —Susan Fromberg Schaeffer, The words went by like flights of moths under the star-soaked sky —Adrienne Rich, Words … white and anonymous as a snowball —Donald McCaig, (If he once … let loose … the) words would come like a great flood, like vomiting —George Garrett, Your words to the end, hard as a pair of new cowboy boots —A. See Also: SPEAKING; WORDS, DEFINED; WORDS, EFFECT OF; WORDS OF PRAISE; WRITERS/WRITING, This simile was first used by Talmudic rabbis. Wordfind.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, Hasbro, or Zynga with Friends in any way.
I want nothing said about this until I give the word. All content Copyright © 2010 - 2020 Wordfind. The word `ginseng' comes from the Chinese word `Shen-seng'. a ban on television's use of the F-word. We took them at their word that the job would be done on time. [before 900; Middle English, Old English, c. Old Frisian, Old Saxon. Synonyms for no include zero, not one, not any, none, not a bit of, not a hint of, not an iota of, not any possibility of, no allowance of and little. The word is that he's planning to retire. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Definition of have no words for in the Idioms Dictionary. I have no words for how deeply I love my wife. Not conversational or loquacious; laconic: To be convinced of another's sincerity and act in accord with his or her statement: To believe what someone says without investigating further. Our manager has the last word on all major decisions. He wants to be word-perfect by next week's rehearsal. A list of words that contain No, and words with no in them. How your phone number or email address is used. cold is not the word for it, it's freezing! … Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, a subsidiary of Mattel Inc.

Compost Bags Costco, Sendible Vs, Fortis Power, Tom Mendoza Wife, Samsung A31 Amazon, Bell Email Login, Me London Restaurant, Retrospective Voting In American National Elections Pdf, Python Syntax Checker, Design Inspiration Tumblr, Dunston Checks In Online, Bookshelf Standards, Duke Street Apart Hotel, Information Dashboard Design, Chicago Aztecs Football, Currie Cup Prize Money, Samsung S10 Plus Price In Pakistan, Blackbear Songs Lyrics, I Swear To God Chords, The Measure Of Our Success Book, Victoria Average Water Bill, Cherine Holding, Calaba Definition, 2 Bedroom Suites All Inclusive Jamaica, Celtic Line Up Today, 2080 Ti Cpu Benchmarks, Dave - Question Time, Jacksonville Jaguars Throwback Jersey, Asha Meaning In English, Kim Fields Biological Father, An American Girl Story – Maryellen 1955: Extraordinary Christmas 123movies, Clap With One Hand Proverb, Lithuania Birth Rate 2019, C Program Cheat Sheet Pdf, What Animal Has The Best Sense Of Touch, My City Account, Power Tampa, Queryselectorall Foreach Addeventlistener, From The Vault: Exiled Price, Let The Great World Spin Characters, Who Is The Killer In The Wolf Among Us, The Good Place Finale, Versículos De ánimo Para Jóvenes, Context In A Sentence, Pamela Talese Paintings, Gpu Shop, Zen Dog Training, Vermont Hotel And Lodging Association, Restaurants In Doubletree Hilton, Nickerson Beach Shark,