Adding event.preventDefault(); worked for me but I was forced to add it to both the mousedown and mousemove functions.

Is it grammatically correct: no one raised their hand? It is being triggered. It is also good practice to take the confusion out of this by aliasing it as rezepte in your controller: Try passing in rezepte to the mouseOverElement function: Your RezeptCollection variable is declared after your controller, so it won't be available within the controller. Unable to understand useCapture parameter in addEventListener, Event listener for dblclick causes event for mousemove to not work and show a circle with a line through it, How to listen to mousedown, mousemove and mouseup in a Backbonejs view method, Mousemove event not firing on page element or document, Mouseup event not triggering when no drag is happening.

How can some USB 2.0 audio interfaces support phantom power through USB alone? Unable to understand useCapture parameter in addEventListener, Event listener for dblclick causes event for mousemove to not work and show a circle with a line through it, How to listen to mousedown, mousemove and mouseup in a Backbonejs view method, Mousemove event not firing on page element or document, Mouseup event not triggering when no drag is happening, Query to select attributes except specific fields.

thanks, a lot. Is there an “exists” function for jQuery? Write a function that shows a tooltip over an element only if the visitor moves the mouse to it, but not through it. I clicked my target div and this caused my mousedown and mousemove handlers to run. $(function(){ var I have a pink box and I want it to turn from pink to red when the user mouseovers it. You will need to position the div too, I'm not sure how the Raphael stuff works, never looked at it personally, but if its fixed positioning then you can emulate this in css with position:fixed; top: some value; left: some value; width: some value; height: some value, Unfortunately if you are not using CSS3 you will not be able to have rounded corners unless you use images. Basic question about open and closed sets. Lets try something more simple. How does the highlight.js change affect Stack Overflow specifically? I am trying to drag an image with javascript(no libraries). your coworkers to find and share information. Hello highlight.js!

Nvidia has acquired Arm. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. How could the US Congress reduce the size of the US Supreme Court? version added: 1.4.3.mousemove( [eventData ], handler ) eventData. I was expecting to see a mouseup but I did not. frequency is the number of the times event should be triggered. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. If the user moves the mouse one pixel, the mousemove event fires. I have tried to listen to the event on document, window, and the image. Understand that English isn't everyone's first language so be lenient of bad By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. I have a function that detects pageX and pageY in a mousemove event, and assigns those to a css gradient. I have tried to listen to the event on document, window, and the image.

Telling a former supervisor you don't want to publish. For some reason, I am not able to capture the mouseup event after mousemove. Strange, but in my project I have the same issue with mouseup and event.preventDefault(); works perfectly.

Why don't self-closing script elements work? It worked fine in Action3.0. In other words, if the visitor moves the mouse to the element and stops there – show the tooltip. Clicking on the specified symbol instance loads the URL in a new browser window. How is a plane with only ailerons and jet (no props) controlled? You're also not accessing scope when calling your mouseover function: If you have the rect as a div with height and width, fixed position with left and top and a background-color you can just change the css value of background-color on mouseover.