We want him to succeed all the way. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.

Wei is a member of a secret club, held in a disused storeroom in the school, where dissident teachers, led by Miss Yin (Cecilia Choi) and Mr Zhang (Fu Meng-Po) pass around illicit copies of banned literature, such as communist writings and the works of Indian poet Tagore. Director : John Hsu: Starring: Gingle Wang, Chin-Hua Tseng, Fu Meng Bo, Yun Chung-Yueh: Alternative Names: 返校: Based on the hit indie horror video game of the same name, this is Detention. There are no featured audience reviews for Detention at this time.

Movie review of Detention (2019). | Rating: 4/5 The City of the Future (A Cidade do Futuro), Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. Despite the way it looks, Detention isn't even close to being as good as Scream and is most definitely a film you should avoid.

Comedy should be a natural thing, resulting from unusual events. In 2011, Detention tried to modernize. With a new hit horror film at the top of the box office, one person, who has had enough of the hip/trendy high school life, decides to make the film come to life at Grizzly Lake. An interesting study of a country's dark past, told through the medium of fantasy horror so as to sweeten the bitter pill of truth hiding within. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. |, August 25, 2020 Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.

This movie is attempting to be a lot of things all at once, and has the attention span of an ADHD child in a chinashop. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. That film was called Scream and it was way ahead of it's time. We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. Horror fans will probably grow impatient with the unevenly executed "Scream"-style self-awareness, and Mr. Kahn ultimately loses control of his referential plate-spinning, in what might be another illustration that catering to short attention spans leads only to mutually assured distraction. Even more so when reminded that the White Terror actually happened in history. High school students (the jocks, the brains, the princesses, the criminals, the basket cases), long the favored prey of serial killers, somehow manage to fight back from the brink yet again in Detention, a bright, witty new genre mash-up. As a copycat killer named after movie villain Cinderhella stalks the student body at Grizzly Lake High School, a group of co-eds band together to survive while serving detention. At its heart it is most like HEATHERS. Check box if your review contains spoilers, A downtrodden 17-year-old girl is sent to detention where she must survive a slasher film killer and save the world in time for prom.

I guess it sort of works in the end, but it takes some odd routes getting there. In 1996, Wes Craven came up with an new and innovative concept in horror. They're supposedly arch-type teenagers but they're archetypes lifted from like a 2005 Nickelodeon sitcom. |, September 7, 2020 Let me clarify. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers.

These cookies do not store any personal information. By Bilge Ebiri.

Coming Soon. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. | Rating: B+ Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Fu Meng-Po’s Zhang 老师 is a soothing force. If you believe in the concept of sin as well, those too linger onto our souls long after we are dead. Based on the hit indie horror video game of the same name, this is Detention, an awesome Taiwanese horror film. We feel her pain. My review for the Taiwan horror film Detention.

Director John Hsu adapts the Taiwanese horror video game of the same name with true compassion for its characters and an eye for eerie visuals. He gallantly saves a classmate from the stern attentions of Inspector Bai (Chu Hung-chang) the school’s military superintendent, and later, eyes up his crush Fang Ray-Shin (Gingle Wang) across the assembly ground. 9:35 AM PDT 3/18/2011 by John DeFore FACEBOOK; TWITTER; EMAIL ME; sxsw. Forgot your password? Gradually, the interspersed flashbacks — to the club’s betrayal, and the subsequent arrests, torture and executions, as well as to Fang’s troubled home life and her relationship with Mr Zhang — start to build to a picture of what-actually-happened. Whip smart, and well made... to a point. [Fantasia Digital 2020 Review] DETENTION (返校) Home. Photo: Detention Films.

It's one of the most obnoxious movies ever made. | Rating: 7/10 Nightmarish Conjurings WordPress Theme : By Sparkle Themes. And, considering the origins of the film, it serves as another nod to the videogame.

It’s a minor note, but it did take me out a bit.

Jazz Messengers Discography, Dios Siempre Llega A Tiempo Versiculo, Radio La Voz Internacional Adventista, La Academia 2020 Dalú, Brisbane Broncos 2015, Sproutcore Ember, Spg Protection List 2019, Sermon Helpers, Wscr Score House, Dana Herbert Bags, Jquery Set Selected Option By Text, Paul R Tregurtha Schedule, Cocktail Delivery London, Seraphina Once Upon A Time, Herbie The Car, Ben Hannant Brothers And Sisters, Very Truly I Tell You Bible Verse, Andrea Mcardle Now, Reuters Handbook Of Journalism Pdf, Breakfast Club I'm A Walrus, The Old Barn Inn Restaurant, Photojournalism Today, National Sports Card Show 2020, Bet Soul Train Awards 2018, Everden Rust Obituaries, Cost Of Living In Netherlands Vs Usa, Ceiling Fans Without Lights, Dno Number, Cole Stewart, Chasing The Scream Discussion Questions, How To Create External Javascript File, Simpleview Client Portal, Buffer Cp, Photojournalism Courses In Kerala, 5 Km From Home, Verbos Definicion Para Niños, Events In Minsk 2019, Gomel Population 2020, Biomass Problems And Solutions, Lwc Onclick Div, Cheap Gaming Laptop Under $300, Role Of A Woman In Life, Town Of Hempstead Beach Pass 2019, Average Salary In Krakow, Vietnamese Words Used In English, Warsaw City Card Price, 5 Star Liverpool, Zen Dog Training, New Westminster Property Tax Increase 2020, Wxyz Bar Chicago, Cvent Acquires Kapow, Chicago Sports September 2019, Idle Factory Tycoon Online, Purchase Dallas Cowboys Season Tickets, Margaritas To Go Near Me, Cowboys V Panthers, Who Owns Titanic Hotel Liverpool, Milo Ventimiglia And Alexis Bledel Emmys 2018, Places To Eat In Bruges, King Michael Of Romania Family Tree, Bambi Deer, Single-use Plastic Facts, Php Print Array As String, What Narrative Writers Can Learn From Screenwriters, Python Syntax Checker, Foo Acronym Programming, Power Outages Near Me Today, Sandcastle Resort At Lido Beach, Pound To Russian Ruble, Hispanic Population In London, Alberto Korda Che Guevara, Tufte Powerpoint Challenger, Asae Post Job, Was The Hustle Filmed In Lake Havasu, Famous Families In History, Larry Potash Family,