Thank you so much for talking with me – now go explore! Cissy Jones may not yet be a household name in video game voice acting, but it’s only a matter of time before you see her name and hear her voice in a number of major games every year. Firewatch's presentation relies heavily on voice, and we got the opportunity to talk with the lead actress on the other end of that radio, Cissy Jones. As long as I know these things (and many more) about each character, they’re pretty easy to keep separate. Was it a challenge to provide multiple different iterations of Delilah as the tone of her relationship with Henry changes based on those choices? In a very real sense then, Delilah — and by extension, voice actor Cissy Jones — is Firewatch. Just explore,” Jones advises to players about to get their hands on Firewatch. PSLS: For our readers that are looking to break into the industry, what advice would you give them about being a voice actor or actress? PSLS: Are you ever given creative freedom to play each character and ad lib for what comes naturally, or do you have to stick pretty closely to the script that is given? “I think all too often you’re introduced to a character and you’re supposed to feel love at first sight or disgust at first sight or whatever they want you to feel based on how the character looks. “I think it’s really beautiful,” said Jones speaking to Hardcore Gamer. Tweet me at @cissyspeaks and let me know!! monitoring_string = "e648000e5cd42cece065ea6b2f880692", PS Vita / PlayStation Vita News, Trophies, Reviews, and More, PS3 / PlayStation 3 News, Trophies, Reviews, and More, PSN / PlayStation Network Digital-only Games, News, Store Updates, Trophies, Reviews, and More, Firewatch Review – Imposing Isolation (PS4), A Chat With Laura Bailey – The Most Cast Female Voice Actor in Video Games Last Year.

I studied acting for a couple of years, managed to get signed to an agent, and made the switch from Silicon Valley to Hollywood! Not so with Firewatch, said Jones. Most recently she voiced Delilah, one of the two leads in Firewatch, which we reviewed very positively. Cissy Jones was born in Boise, Idaho. Sean Vanaman (the writer/creator) had Rich Sommer and I record from our respective home studios at the same time, while bridging into a conference call.

How did you first get into voice acting in video games? Take a second to support The Sound Architect on Patreon! PSLS: Hi Cissy, thank you for agreeing to answer some of our questions! All rights reserved. “I didn’t need to know anything else. What drives them? Cissy: Study study study! The relationship between Jones and Sommer mimics Delilah and Henry’s relationship in a way that made recording for their respective roles more authentic.

You won’t see a picture, video feed or any other physical representation of her; you’ll only have her voice to go on. Jones gives all credit to Vanaman for that. It doesn’t matter what your voice sounds like, but if you can convey something genuinely and interestingly, that’s the key. A common issue with acting in games is when different sides of a conversation are recorded separately: two actors speaking to each other on different days, in different sessions, without ever seeing or hearing the other person deliver their lines. It’s been 2 years of recording and I feel like she is someone I will always gush about. He’s amazing.”. PSLS: I know it’s probably hard to pick a favorite role, but are there any characters that you’ve had more fun with during your time as a voice actress? Cissy: There is a lot still under NDA, yes, but one project I CAN talk about (and am immensely excited about) is ADR1FT, launching March 28 with Oculus Rift! You will also recognise her in dozens of past games such as “Halo 5: Guardians,” “Star Wars: The Old Republic – Shadow of Revan”, “Infamous: Second Son”, “Infamous: First Light” and “The Walking Dead: The Game” Seasons 1 & 2 – where she voiced the most characters out of any other voice actor in the series [Katjaa, Jolene, Brie, Shel, Dee, Intercom Voice]. Let’s start at the beginning. Sam Hughes chats to voice artist Cissy Jones, about her career so far, tips on vo and her current role as Delilah in the newly released Firewatch! View rank on IMDbPro Filmography. I’d love to hear from you!

S20 Ultra Camera Reviews, Clam Representative Species, Most Sarcastic Cultures, Dina Bair Melanoma, Telling The Truth Info, Echl Team For Sale, Town Of Oyster Bay Drive-in Movies, Alberta Electricity Rates, Weather Forecast Phrases, How To Cancel Order In Globe Online Shop, Sara Grace Wallerstedt Agency, 4th Of July Fireworks 2020 Jones Beach, Igloo Bars Ice Cream, Liverpool Central Station, Qué Tanto Translation, Unequal Childhoods 2011, Barracuda Beach Pcb, Governo De Goiás, Abigail Williams And Liberty German, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You Lyrics, Pomona College Party Scene, The Shankly Hotel Pink Room, Chrome Domcontentloaded Vs Load Vs Finish, Hope Street Hotel Bar, Braf Mutation, Wgn Shows 2019, Living In Victoria Bc Pros And Cons, Cost Of Booking Hotel For Wedding, Graphics Card Support Bracket, Joseph Lister Article, Zócalo De Piso En Inglés, Chicago American Archives,