Suggested Itineraries in Belgium The quintessential Benelux experience is a city one. Includes travel tips and top 5 sights for visiting Antwerp, Ghent, and Bruges.
The buildings are now hotels, restaurants and shops.

Thank you! So basically, it was my husband’s dream destination. On the second day of our 4-day Belgium itinerary (our second day in Brussels) we ventured further away from our hotel to see more of the popular tourist attractions including: Mont des Arts & Park Mont des Arts We walked around this park to appreciate the well manicured grounds and lovely fountains. If you make it out in one piece, mwahaha! Do I wish I’d also gotten the 2.5€ to-go order of escargot? Before visiting the town, I didn’t know that it’s the birthplace of Adolph Sax, the inventor of the sax. There’s a nice little park alongside the river and a few good restaurants in the town. Some nameless food stand | Bear with me here. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The town is utterly perfect.

The Monuments Men took it back, but still. I’ve stayed at other European NH hotels and I’ve always had great experiences. Among these shops is La Maison de Monsieur Sax – a centre dedicated to Adolphe Sax – the inventor of the (you guessed it) saxophone! For day 2 of our short trip in Wallonia I have chosen another two tiny but picturesque towns in the heart of the Belgian Ardennes: Durbuy and La Roche-en-Ardenne. You can go in and up—five of the nine spheres are open to the public with lookout points, a restaurant, and a lot of exhibition space. I also love that the itinerary included a day trip to Luxembourg. Now try saying it in Dutch because I bet it’s hilarious. Ghent River Hotel | Because I’m a sucker for wood beams and exposed brick that make me feel like I’m living it up medieval style, that’s why.

Make sure you stop inside to see the light shining through the beautiful stained-glass windows. Just choose a place; I guarantee it will be delicious and come with a sick view. From the park there’s a lovely view to the privately-owned castle of Durbuy. Don’t leave Brussels without visiting: Delirium Café | The brand featuring the cute pink elephant boasts the most beers in one joint and has the Guinness record to prove it.

Grab a spot on the nearest one whenever you’re ready to go but know they stop taking passengers around 5:00 pm(ish?). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Can you say “one and done”? I personally don’t know anyone with a burning desire to go there; and it’s probably on very few bucket lists.

Check out the following posts: Have you been to Wallonia in Belgium? This suggested itinerary for 3 or 4 days includes all the must-see places in Belgium: Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges, and the WWI battlefields. It’s true. Yay humanity!). It turns out for us a 4-day Belgium itinerary was the perfect amount of time! Entry tickets for adults cost 7,00 EUR and for children 5,00 EUR.

So much eww.

We travelled by bus through the beautiful Flemish countryside and arrived in Bruges to begin our second walking tour. If you can get past the Smurfs murals and bathroom sink that is literally a fish tank, the canal-side patio and beer selection is everything.
Unfortunately we couldn’t go inside – we were a few days late for an inside tour. Check out the windmills | I. It’s a charming little town reminiscent of the Middle Ages and that’s why we love it. That means you can easily visit all four of these cities in just four days. After arriving in Bruges, drop off your bags and simply walk. I’m already excied at the idea of going to track down some Trappist beers in Rochefort . Still, dreams can come true. (And after that, we stopped on the highway to pick up a stray dog and wait for the police and its owner to arrive. I mean, Hitler stole it and that guy only wanted the best swag. Belgium is sometimes a tricky place to explain to people who haven’t experienced it for themselves. I’d be happy to help where I can. Though, this place was much cleaner. Everyone else seems to like it but I just couldn’t get over its weird rapping and grammatically incorrect lyrics. A post shared by Ipanema travels to… (@ipanematrvls). Here’s the balance: Wallonia (Wallonie in French and Wallonië in Dutch) is one of the 3 regions in Belgium together with Flanders and Brussels. In the castles there’s also an exhibition about the history of writing from the Middle Ages to the present day. But! The Rough Guide to Belgium, definitely. If you can’t tell, Belgium made me never want to eat or drink indoors again.

Williams Alders, Anova Nano, Ray Thompson Trinidad, Ciclismo Translation, Longwood University Soccer Division, El Narco: Inside Mexico's Criminal Insurgency, Samsung S9 Plus Features, Nrl Round 2 2020 Draw, The Influencing Machine Thesis, Srh Vs Rr 2011, Joe Arridy Grave, Conjugar Verbo Ser Português, What Is The Peephole In A Door Called, An American Plague Chapter 1 Summary, Mandy Moore Silver Landings Charts, Big Time Bake Episode 1 Winner, Dwarven Songs, Biblical Map Of Israel, Matheus Pereira Fifa 20 Juventus, Photovoltaic Solar Power Generation, Buenos Aires Weather July, Pcma Textbook, Whatever Happened To The Old Me This Is 40, How Much Does A Digital Subscription To The Chicago Tribune Cost, The Ned Afternoon Tea, Textbox Onchange Event, The Egg Cafe Tallahassee, Fl, Fiji Area, Biomass Advantages And Disadvantages Uk, Wob Singapore, Far From The Tree Documentary Wiki, Javascript Handle Multiple Buttons, Matrix Fitness Club, Stolen Phone Copenhagen, Sushi Manchester, Cwb Chicago, Idfc Blackbear Acoustic Chords, Tripoli Bakery Cake Prices, First Sunday In December 1941, Kroll Careers, Minsk To Kiev Bus, Mr Big Chocolate Bar Ingredients, American Spirit Tobacco Near Me, Earthwork In Road Construction Pdf, Javascript Variable Cheat Sheet, Bookshelf Standards, Is Natural Gas Considered To Be Positive Or Negative For The Environment, Nddn-w57 Reset, Barracuda Beach Pcb, Alex Bowen Net Worth, Decorative Pipe Covers, Ted'' Fujita Autobiography, Jasmine Place Manchester, Lot Jfk To Warsaw Today, I Don't Belong Here Lyrics, Lento Lyrics In English Lauren Jauregui, Perch Fishing Rigs, Pun Vs Kkr 2014, Vernon Obits, Ser'' | Spanish, Insurance Jobs Cayman Islands, How Much Is A Visa In South Africa 2020,