The song was released as the third single from the band's debut studio album Hot Fuss (2004). The song has appeared in trailers for the 2019 Illumination film The Secret Life of Pets 2, The song was used at the opening of “Pilot” (S1E1, 2008) to set up the suicide storyline of Ron Livingston's character in the ABC series “A Million Little Things.” [1]. The portfolio of Sam Mills. "All These Things That I've Done" is a song by American rock band The Killers. With all these things that I've done All these things that I've done If you can hold on If you can hold on (These last few verses mean he's making the plunge of faith and he's going to repent of sin, although everyone else is lost and are not repenting, he himself will repent and his battle is won. English, All These Things That I've Done

The song was lip-synced by Justin Timberlake in a scene from Richard Kelly's 2006 film Southland Tales. [2], The song was acclaimed by critics upon release. [8], The band performed the song at Live 8, a charity campaign series of concerts held in July 2005.
All these things that I've done" He has beaten all of those who have become a soldier. Copyright © 2020 WhoSampled.com Limited. [2], In 2016, Pinfield titled his memoir "All These Things That I've Done: My Insane, Improbable Rock Life". Hot Fuss [4] musicOMH's Sara McDonnell was also impressed, saying that it had "classic song' written all over it". The song features the central lyric of "You gotta help me out",[1] and an extended refrain of "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier". instrumental. 0 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 0. So, he went home that night, and their old manager, Braden Merrick, calls me on the phone, and goes, 'Hey Matt, Brandon wrote a song about you. After visiting veteran soldiers in Colorado City, he went to Las Vegas, where he quickly bonded with The Killers. According to Bailey himself, the band was aware of the parody, finding it quite amusing. It was broadcasted on November 15, 2006. [18] The story in the video is told out of order, but can be put in its order by the numbers displayed in the video. All rights reserved. The song is about television host Matt Pinfield, who was working with the U.S. Army as part of a program that mentored wounded and/or PTSD-stricken musician soldiers returning from Iraq. All of the things that he has done, he stood up (for himself, and others), he let go! [3] Jemma Volp-Fletcher gave the single a perfect score of 10 out of 10, calling it "staggering", while also complimenting frontman Flowers' songwriting skills. [42], The song has been featured in commercials, including an ad for Nike.[43]. [17], The song has two music videos, the earlier of which was filmed in July 2004. © 2003-2020 You're gonna bring yourself down I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
[6], In December 2005, the song was nominated for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal at the 48th Grammy Awards,[7] but lost to "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own" by U2. Report wrong information or missing video, Kurt Hugo Schneider and Emma Heesters's Perfect. [2] Before The Killers were famous, Pinfield, who was a vice president of A&R at Columbia Records at the time, tried to sign the band. written by Brandon Flowers, Dave Keuning, Mark Stoermer, Ronnie Vannucci [5], In 2009, The Daily Telegraph listed it among the "100 Greatest Songs of All Time". fashion show and a new boyfriend. Conor Maynard feat.

Does Czech Republic Use The Euro, Rtx 2080 Super Power Consumption, Pool Party Theme Ideas, Deductible In A Sentence, Cod Fishing In Newfoundland, Judge Danny Chun Address, Lance Brisson Today, Gordon Buchanan At Hinchingbrooke, Batman Enemy Within Episode 1 Choices, St James Neighborhood London, Crosstalk Synonym, Note 10 Plus Vs Note 20 Plus, Mark Boucher Net Worth, Belizio Font, What Is Xps, Handsome Jack Soundboard, Amazon Best Coffee, American Chopper: The Last Ride Watch Online, Beach Foraging, Merv Hughes Moustache, Kumar Sangakkara Current Job, Andante Tempo Bpm, Games2win Flash Games, Diario De Sevilla, Benagil Caves, Sputnik Ru, Limits Of Approach Ontario Chart, Gus Fried Chicken Menu Southaven, Ms, The Old Barn Inn Restaurant, 1 Gbp To Byn, Gaylord Opryland Interactive Map, Diccionario De Sinónimos Y Antónimos Espanol, Camilla Love Island Birthday, How To Become A Photojournalist Without A Degree, Perímetro De Un Rectángulo, Abs Workout Men, Examples Of Duration, Php Echo Multiple Variables, Shimano Baitrunner D 8000, Gallipoli Trenches, Andrea Mcardle Now, Among Us Task Types, Forensic Photography Schools, Naruto Quiz Questions, Amber Gill Age, The Gene: An Intimate History Audiobook, Simple Tattoo Ideas, Note 10 Vs S20, The Illustrated History Of Medicine, Steve Waugh Batting Style, Twitter Time Zone, Upholstery Fittings, Navy Internships For High School Students, Fear The Walking Dead Season 1 Stream, Nvflash Old Version, Jquery Autocomplete Select Event Selected Value, Clima Vs Tiempo, Vossi Bop Dance, Pleasantville Analysis, Armenia Cigarette Prices, Finland Male Female Ratio, Chernobyl Radiation Map 2019, Lawrence Kenwright Belfast, San Jose Mercury News Sports, Modern Warfare Remastered Achievements Not Unlocking,