Prince included a sample of this song in the opening of his 1992 hit single "My Name Is Prince". album: "Happenstance" (2004) Be Be Your Love. Complete your Prince collection. Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (Dimitri from Paris Re-Edit) by PRIVATE ROOM published on 2016-04-21T18:13:32Z. I love you! "I Wanna Be Your Lover" is a song by American recording artist Prince. [CDATA[ Writer(s): Enrique Iglesias, Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub. #ShareInvitationFill my invitation code NKWF5 to pick me! The video was pulled due to skimpy clothing and a sexually suggestive theme (Prince was clad in blue stockings and a tan shirt). I wanna be your lover I hear what you say, I see what you do I know everything I need to know about you And I want you to know that it's telling me. But I want, want, want to be your love Want to be your love, for real Everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love But I want, want, want to be your love Want to be your love for real I want to be your love, love, love Submit Corrections. Do You Know? It was his breakout hit, going to #1 on the R&B chart and #11 on the Hot 100. You may also like... Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. The single edit stops after 2:57, but the album version goes off on a jam of keyboards and synthesizers, including a Polymoog, played by Prince. R.I.P master of soul Radio-Hotel.com Genre Prince Comment by … It was left off the final album, but was eventually released on the compilation boxed set Biograph (1985). as made famous by. I Wanna Be Your Lover is the first track on Prince’s second album Prince, and, two months prior to the album’s release, I Wanna Be Your Lover was released as the album’s first single. I wanna be your lover I wanna be the only one that makes you come running I wanna be your lover I wanna turn you on, turn you out, all night long, make you shout Who's That Lady. !function(t,e,r){var n,s=t.getElementsByTagName(e)[0],i=/^http:/.test(t.location)? The main version has Prince in an unbuttoned leopard shirt and jeans singing alone in a black background with only a mic, notably with straight/wavy hair and a departure from his afro from a year before. [6] Clark later said, "That was one of the most difficult interviews I've ever conducted, and I've done 10,000 musician interviews."[7]. The song was also Prince's debut single released in the UK; it was not a hit, only reaching No. [4], Prince promoted the song by lip-syncing it with his band on The Midnight Special and American Bandstand, where he gave host Dick Clark an awkward interview, answering his questions with one-word answers. When I look into your eyes, I see a world full of love and affection. "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?" The song additionally reached No. Follow @genius on Twitter for updates Michael Jackson. album: "Insomniac" (2007) Ring My Bells. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in January 1980. This was the first single from Prince's second album. It would not be until Purple Rain (1984) that Prince would break big in Europe. [5] Prince claimed to be 19 but was 21 at the time. Just wanna be your lover Just wanna be the one Let me be your lover Let me be the one Yeah Submit Corrections. Back Here. 41. The song contains a heavy Bo Diddley beat. 2 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart and No. "Just as Long as We're Together" (edit) – 3:25, B. It was released on August 24, 1979, as the lead single from his second album, Prince. "I Wanna Be Your Lover" is a first single by Prince from his second album Prince. There are two versions of the music video of the hit single. as made famous by. Push. Thanks to Karan, madbaddic7ed for correcting these lyrics. as made famous by. AZLyrics. It was his first successful single, gaining radio airplay and chart success: the song scored two weeks at No. Cover of the Prince classic, taken from the forthcoming "The Love E.P.". “Thank you for going on this journey through life with me. The official music video for Prince's 1979 single "I Wanna Be Your Lover" Musically, it is a funk song sung exclusively in falsetto, detailing Prince's love for a woman and how he would treat her better than the men she is with, and frustration that she thinks of him as "a child". “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” — Khalil Gibran. Worn Me … – 3:49, B. 39. For the song by the Italian disco band, see, Learn how and when to remove this template message, List of number-one R&B singles of 1979 (U.S.), "I Wanna Be Your Lover by Prince Songfacts", "This Performance By A 21-Year-Old Prince Proves He Was Never Not Sexy", "Clark long remembered his tough interview with a quiet Prince,", Charts.nz – Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover", "Prince Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Prince Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", "1980 Talent in Action – Year End Charts : Pop Singles", Lescharts.com – Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover", "New Zealand single certifications – Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover", "American single certifications – Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover", Recording Industry Association of America, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Wanna_Be_Your_Lover&oldid=1014580215, Song recordings produced by Prince (musician), Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing additional references from April 2018, All articles needing additional references, Singlechart usages for Billboardrandbhiphop, Singlechart usages for Billboarddanceclubplay, Certification Table Entry usages for New Zealand, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales figures, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz work identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, B. AZLyrics. When I look into eyes, I get lost into the vastness of an ocean full of love. In 1993, the track was included as the third track on Prince’s compilation album The Hits 2 (also included as the second disc of The Hits / The B-Sides).In 2001, the track was included as the first track on the compilation … R. Rachael Yamagata Lyrics. 38. 1 on the R&B singles chart during December 1979, and peaked at No. In 2011, Guga Neiva released a cover as lead single on debut album, In 2012, the song was performed as part of a, This page was last edited on 27 March 2021, at 22:31. Girl, yes, I wanna be your lover Take a chance, my love is like no other On the dancefloor getting down Hold tight, I'll never let you down My love is definitely the key Like Boyz II Men I'm on bended knee Loving you, not like your brother, aw yeah. Thanks to Pieps for adding these lyrics. PRINCE - I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979) Letras I ain't got no money I ain't like those other guys you hang around And it's kinda funny But they always seem to let you down And I get discouraged 'Cause I never see you anymore And I need your love, babe Yeah That's all I'm living for, yeah I didn't wanna pressure you, baby But all I ever wanted to do I wanna be your lover I wanna be the only one that … Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (Dimitri from Paris Re-Edit) Tribute from Radio-Hotel Djs!! I feel lucky because you’re in my life. //]]>, Sorry, we have to make sure you're a human before we can show you this page. * Sales figures based on certification alone.^ Shipments figures based on certification alone. 40. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover at Discogs. There is nobody else who I would want by my side but you my angel.” – Unknown. Mary Jane. Order your copy now: http://www.corinnebaileyrae.net/love Writer(s): John J Alagia, Rachel Amanda Yamagata. You wanna be … The B-side of the track was from his previous album, For You, "My Love Is Forever", in the U.S. I love you! SoundCloud. "Just as Long as We're Together" – 6:24. 41 on the UK Singles Chart and when Prince tried to promote it with shows in London, he was forced to cancel due to poor attendance. E. Enrique Iglesias Lyrics. //

Hush Hush Song Lyrics, Da Vinci Code Mona Lisa, Jill Eikenberry Imdb, Vincent Restaurant Menu, The Trap Door Characters, Crazy Colour Back To Base On Blue Hair, Linking Urban Dictionary, I Wanna Be Your Lover, Sawada And Iura, Mockingbird Vs Uppababy, The Green Goddess Now, Todd Field Twister,