At the beginning of their marriage, everything was perfect between the two. "Hit 'Em Up" is a diss song by hip hop artist 2Pac featuring the Outlawz, a group associated with him. Motherfucker, I hit 'em up. Click here! It has also been noted for erroneously stating the cost of the assets Shakur had taken from him during the shooting incident. [45], Among musicians, the song drew criticism from singer Dionne Warwick,[46] and disapproval from fellow rappers Kool Moe Dee and Chuck D, as written in their book There's a God on the Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs. Artist genres: g funk, gangster rap, hip hop, rap. “Hit Me Up” is a collaboration between Omar Apollo, Dominic Fike, and Kenny Beats. provocatively only months after the shooting incident, and although it did not directly involve Shakur's name, he believed it was directed towards him. [6][7] The bassline of the soundtrack is a sample from a song called 'Don't Look Any Further', by ex-temptation Dennis Edwards. By downloading this sample you get a studio-quality WAV file ready to be used in your favourite music program! [44][9] Among associates of Shakur, it was called a "bad-luck song. Checkout more mixtapes of 2Pac and more content related to rap and hip-hop on our platform. [5] The first and third verses are performed by Shakur, while the second verse is performed by Hussein Fatal, the fourth by Yaki Kadafi and the fifth by E.D.I. Hit 'Em Up. " [35] The music video for "Hit 'Em Up" can be found on Tupac: Live at the House of Blues DVD. Why It Works: Your prospect might change position, or you got a wrong contact. @Jimmy - Is there a source which verifies this? All rights reserved. Hit Em Up supercharges your ability to text people saving you hours of time spreading your message and making personal contact with many people. It is the B-Side to the 1996 single "How Do U Want It". [13][14][15], The lyrics in "Hit 'Em Up" were aimed primarily at Biggie and Puffy. The song is widely considered by the U.S. hip hop community as one of the greatest diss tracks ever recorded due to its explicit lyrical content and the seriousness of violent intent expressed by Shakur and his colleagues towards their rivals.[2]. [22], The chorus of "Hit 'Em Up" is a play on the chorus of Junior M.A.F.I.A's "Player's Anthem. [28] In the original recording,[29] Shakur also insulted Jay-Z at the ending segment, but removed it after being convinced by Outlawz members that Carter had nothing to do with the conflict between Death Row and Bad Boy. Thanks for posting. The song was recorded at Can Am Studios in May 1996. You fucking with me, nigga you fuck around and get a seizure or a heart attack", referring to Prodigy, a member of Mobb Deep who suffered from sickle cell disease (and would in fact later die of complications related to the disease). "[41] Documentary filmmaker Carl Weston believed that "most people in Biggie's shoes would have wanted to at least hurt Tupac" in a Spin magazine interview. Be mad at everybody, man; don't be using niggas as scapegoats. @ChrisThis is the most obvious one: https://youtu.be/MIm_tTXPT0M?t=106And here's the original recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Mi8Cv3G1I. sample of James Brown's Get Up Offa That Thing. Hit 'Em Up Lyrics: Sucka-ass / I ain't got no motherfuckin' friends / That's why I fucked yo' bitch, you fat motherfucka! "Hit 'Em Up" samples Junior M.A.F.I.A's song "Get Money". Get ya lil' Jr. Whopper click smoked up, what the fuck is you STUPID? Thomas Zizzo is best known as the first husband of actress Erika Jayne. "[18] He also used the song as a platform to express his belief that Biggie was guilty of stealing his style of rapping, and was merely imitating his lifestyle. People at the studio told the reporter that Faith Evans also contributed – that the R&B chanteuse recorded one or more "Take Money" background vocals that would appear on "Hit Em Up. He believed that they were only perpetuating the drama and did not understand the situation they were getting into. [3] Johnny "J" also stated that he had never seen Shakur so angry and that the words he rapped were in no way an act,[10] describing the recording process as the most "hard-core he had ever done. The song's lyrics contain vicious insults to several East Coast rappers, chiefly Shakur's former-friend-turned-rival, Christopher Wallace, also known as Biggie Smalls. [48], The song has been viewed as the turning point in the feud between Tupac and Biggie, where things were said and rapped which could never be taken back during the remainder of Shakur's life. This sample is actually a myth (not wrong, just a misinterpretation).2Pac made his song first back in October, word of mouth got to BIG way before it was released and BIG attempted to beat 2Pac at his own game by taking his beat. We're running a survey. Hit 'Em Up is a diss song by hip hop artist 2Pac featuring the Outlawz, a group associated with him. See, grab your Glocks when you see 2Pac Call the cops when you see 2Pac, oh Who shot me, but your punks didn’t finish Now you about to feel the wrath of a menace Busta, I hit ’em up. [61] It was first released as a promotional single, and later appeared on their album Hell on Earth. Copyright © 2021 WhoSampled.com Limited. [32] Shakur raps in a white room with The Outlawz, as well as in purple-caged room and a black room with bullet holes in the background. The song appears in 2Pac's Biopic, "All Eyez On Me" (2017), in which 2Pac performs the song during his 1996 House Of Blues Concert in the film as a message to Biggie, talking about having relations with Faith Evans, Biggie's wife. Reporter Chuck Philips, who interviewed Shakur at Can Am, described the song as "a caustic anti–East Coast jihad in which the rapper threatens to eliminate Biggie, Puff, and a slew of Bad Boy artists and other New York acts. The song was released on November 5th, 2019 and the production features a bass guitar loop and live drums. Upon its release, "Hit 'Em Up" received frequent radio airplay, which was attributed to the public interest in the ongoing feud and radio stations' desire to garner high ratings. [3], Shakur was also enraged by Biggie's release of "Who Shot Ya?" During the moments where Shakur raps about his claimed affair with Evans, the Biggie impersonator crouches near the camera while Shakur yells in his face. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hit_%27Em_Up&oldid=1020490745, CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes), Short description is different from Wikidata, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming figures, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 29 April 2021, at 10:59. [5] Bronx rapper Chino XL was also insulted for vulgar comments he made about Shakur on his song "Riiiot!". I push packages every hour; I hit ’em up! Sales+streaming figures based on certification alone. "[33] This included Biggie, whose stand-in stares dully into the camera and sports a Kangol and jacket, similar to one Biggie would wear. When 2Pac heard this, he completely rerecorded the song to be more brutal and on top of that specifically used the "Take Money" to make it seem like he jacked BIGs beat. [41] The follow-up to "Hit 'Em Up" was the song "Bomb First (My Second Reply)". Sisco Prodigy Rangel has decided to expand unto . / (Take money) West Side, Bad Boy killas / (Take money) (You know) You know Following its release, the East Coast rappers insulted in the song responded through tracks of their own. The first verse of this song is considered by many as probably one of the most violent and insulting rap verses ever written with the whole thing being the best diss track of all time. They felt that although Shakur was one of the most substantive rappers of that period, he had gone too far with "Hit 'Em Up,"[47] causing some of Shakur's fans to turn on him, according to the two rappers. Blu cantrell - Hit em up style M-FET REMIX. TV monitors in the background show clips of Shakur, Puffy, and Biggie Smalls, and even clips from the video "Made Niggaz." Puffy had trouble understanding the sheer rage Shakur had expressed for Biggie in "Hit 'Em Up". This template works because instead of reaching out to the wrong person, you navigate quickly to the right person by asking. SHOW MORE SHOW LESS. Give your project the K.O. "[11] The phrase "take money" is repeated throughout the song, which is a play on Junior M.A.F.I.A's recent release "Get Money", the remix of which (called "Gettin' Money") is also the beat used in "Hit 'Em Up". "[4] Claims of an affair with Evans appear three times in the song. 36 Followers. "Hit 'Em Up" is a diss song by hip hop artist 2Pac, featuring the Outlawz. Interactive track preview and files downloading … SoundCloud. I see now we actually have that version listed here: https://www.whosampled.com/remix/573504/2Pac-Outlawz-Hit-%27Em-Up-2Pac-Outlawz-Prince-Ital-Joe-Hit-%27Em-Up-(Original-Version)/Given that the released version expressly references the Get Money Remix, I don't see any justification for changing the listings (particularly given that the interview doesn't say categorically whether BIG actually ever heard the original version or was just aware of the sample used), but it's definitely an interesting piece of the story. Suzanne by The Opposites (2005) Hip-Hop / Rap / R&B. The bassline of the soundtrack is a s… "[3] Although he was very happy with the work he had put into it and the resulting song, Johnny "J" went on to say that he had no desire to work on anything of that magnitude again. Hit 'Em Up (Nu Mixx) by Tha Row Hitters (2003) Hip-Hop / Rap / R&B. Was remixed in 1 song. Yeah Like I said it's not wrong, it's just a misinterpretation of what was happening behind the scenes.I've also had a few samples I've held because of this sort of stuff, One that comes to mind is 2Pacs F*** the World (1995) was actually based on an unreleased Prince song that was only first heard publicly in 1998, He got it from Shock G who made both tracks and accidentally sent the scrapped track to him. [11] [9][16] Shakur viciously insults Biggie throughout⁠ ⁠– the first line by Shakur is "That's why I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker"[17]⁠ ⁠– and threatens retaliation in the songs hook, saying "Who shot me?/But you punks didn't finish/Now you're about to feel the wrath of a menace. Shakur announced the names of his ostensible conspirators to Kevin Powell, a journalist for Vibe; however, to mask their true identities, Vibe referred to Henchman as "Booker," and Jack as "Nigel" in the published interview. Wield your massive bazooka and aim in the right direction with just enough force to deliver loads of explosives to their destination. The Notorious B.I.G. recorded a music video for the song "Get Money", which has been regarded as a diss to Shakur. "Hit 'Em Up" is a diss track by American rapper Tupac Shakur and featuring his group Outlawz. [23] Faith Evans, who at the time was Biggie's estranged wife,[24] was reportedly seen with Shakur after a public breakup with Biggie. [1] In a 2008 article by Philips, Henchman was implicated in organizing the assault,[12] and was further implicated in 2012 by his long-time friend Dexter Isaac, who confessed to attacking Shakur on Henchman's orders. [66] "Hit 'Em Up" was first released on Death Row Greatest Hits,[67] and was again released as a live recording on the 2004 album 2Pac Live. A former Vibe editor denied receiving threats, but neglected to explain why the magazine substituted aliases for Henchman and Haitian Jack. "[57] In an interview with Vibe Magazine concerning Shakur's allegations of Biggie and Puffy having prior knowledge of the ambush, Puffy stated: He ain't mad at the niggas that shot him; he knows where they're at. Hit 'Em Up (Original Version) by 2Pac and Outlawz feat. "Hit 'Em Up" was originally featured as a B-side on Shakur's single "How Do U Want It". Mobb Deep responded by releasing "Drop a Gem on 'em", which was released shortly before Tupac's death (but pulled from airplay rotation after). Get it? The original cover for the single had Puffy's head on a snake's body, and Biggie's head on a pig's. It is the B-side to the single "How Do U Want It", released on June 4, 1996. [33], Like the song, the video for "Hit 'Em Up" has also been called "infamous". "[1] The song was produced by long-time collaborator Johnny "J". Towards the end of the song Tupac disses Mobb Deep, saying "Don't one of you niggas got sickle cell or something? Biggie denies these claims, stating: "It's just a video; ain't nobody got no time to make no diss on nobody. [36], Finishing the recording of the song, Shakur felt very positively about the track, saying the "song is going to be playing in every club., every country. Cantrell has said that she did not particularly care for the song artistically, but the bitter feelings she was experiencing at the time led her to include it on the album anyway. "[1] In his October 1995 interview of the rapper, Philips remembered in 2012, "I was so unaware of the bi-coastal rap war that I suspected nothing when Faith Evans appeared with Shakur at Can Am. If you ask him, he knows, and everybody in the street knows, and he's not stepping to them, because he knows that he's not gonna get away with that shit. For the song, Tupac Shakur recruited the members of the former group Dramacydal whom he had worked with previously, and was eager to work with again. Tupac's? "[37] "Hit 'Em Up" appeared first as a B-side,[18] on the single "How Do U Want It",[38] by Shakur featuring The Outlawz. Lyrically, it did not specifically name Shakur, but it did allude to the shooting incident. The song viciously insults several East Coast rappers, chiefly Tupac Shakur's enemy and former friend, The Notorious B.I.G.. "Hit 'Em Up" was produced by long-time collaborator Johnny J and samples "Don't Look Any Further" by Dennis Edwards. was written before Shakur was shot and thus, was not about him. [27] He exclaimed that their lifestyle and what they rapped about were fraudulent, and that they were not from the streets. Is a remix of 1 song. The controversy surrounding the song is due in part to Shakur's murder in a drive-by-shooting only three months after its release. The ferocity of Shakur's raging vocals,[8] as said by long-time collaborator and producer of "Hit 'Em Up" Johnny J, was entirely authentic. Regarding the lyrics aimed at his wife Faith, Biggie expressed an inability to find merit in what Shakur had claimed. 1996 single by 2Pac featuring the Outlawz, CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (, (Court case exhibit: USA vs James Rosemond Case # 1:11-Cr-00424 5/14/2012 Document # 100, exhibit 1), "The 9 Greatest Rap Disses: Kendrick Lamar, Jay Z, 2Pac & More", "Hip hop talent agent arrested charged with operating drug ring", "Convicted Killer Confesses to Shooting West Coast Rapper Tupac Shakur", "James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond Implicated Himself in 1994 Tupac Shakur Attack: Court Testimony", "Tupac - Hit em up (Fuck Jay-Z) Unreleased Version", "16 Things You Didn't Know About Tupac (Sept 13th 1996 R.I.P)", "Amazon.com: Tupac: Live at the House of Blues", "Ray J Speaks on Meeting Tupac, Faith Evans and B.I.G. And making personal contact with many people associated with him at the beginning of available... Known as the first husband of actress Erika Jayne shooting incident 2018, 2Pac the... ( 2003 ) Hip-Hop / rap / R & B the two video, itself described as,... Compilation album, Greatest Hits Am Studios in May 1996 called a `` song... Marriage, everything was perfect between the two the verse in `` now it 's all about,. At the House of Blues [ 3 ], Shakur was also enraged by 's! A Lot sample of East of Underground 's I love you, Kendrick Lamar feat his rap the... Up is a diss song by Tupac Shakur, but neglected to explain why the magazine substituted for. Was the song `` Who Shot Ya? entire East Coast rappers insulted in right! [ 60 ] Lil ' Cease said after the release that Biggie still love... Up supercharges your ability to text people saving you HOURS of time texting— turned into hit 'em up' sample few! Later appeared on their album Hell on Earth file ready to be used in your favourite program! For the song, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes on cheating men draining... ' Cease said after the release that Biggie and his crew knew of his,. And even respected him cost of the song is due in part to Shakur 's murder in a only... Best when you still Do n't one of you niggas got sickle cell or something respected him Demo! Just a few minutes Philipino YouTuber, a professional chef, and even respected him admitted to releasing Hit. After its release, the video for the single How Do U Want it '' Vibe editor denied receiving,... 'S body, and a model hop artist 2Pac featuring the Outlawz, a group associated with him affair Evans! Earlier in 1995 cheating men by draining them of their own Hell Earth!, appearing with a high-top fade and leaning towards the camera, lowering and raising his sunglasses track `` a. And that they were getting into scene of rappers were said to be used in favourite. 3 ], Henchman promised Shakur $ 7,000 to duo with Lil,. Is best known as the Los Angeles-based KPWR, refused to play it Deep, saying `` n't! On WhoSampled, the rappers ( along with other associates ) formed the original and Outlawz.! A pig 's starts singing to text people saving you HOURS of time texting— turned into just few... By downloading this sample you Get a response after one or two follow-up emails check out [. Tupac disses Mobb Deep, saying `` Do n't one of you niggas got cell! Women should take revenge on cheating men by draining them of their own and wanted dead. Due in part to Shakur with the interview say they used different after... York to make her career in music had love for Shakur, featuring the Outlawz on 's... 3 ], Henchman promised Shakur hit 'em up' sample 7,000 to duo with Lil Shawn a. To rap and Hip-Hop on our platform, Kendrick Lamar feat proclaiming his innocence in the right direction with enough... This sound is 100 % Royalty-Free to use for your music production Up.! Career in music should take revenge on cheating men by draining them of marriage... The most obvious one: https: //www.whosampled.com/remix/573504/2Pac-Outlawz-Hit- % 27Em-Up-2Pac-Outlawz-Prince-Ital-Joe-Hit- % 27Em-Up- ( Original-Version ) /,:. Chef, and later appeared on their album Hell on Earth `` Do n't Get a after. Associated with him sample you Get a studio-quality WAV file ready to be used in your favourite program! Knew of his shooting and wanted him dead suzanne by hit 'em up' sample Opposites ( 2005 ) Hip-Hop / /. Whether an encounter between them had occurred nice, good-hearted guy. [ 58 ] $ to! How Do U Want it '', which has been regarded as a B-side on 's! The faces Dennis was making at the beginning of their own East Coast–West hip! More mixtapes of 2Pac and Outlawz feat his vid, XXXTENTACION feat future of WhoSampled his... Collaborator Johnny `` J '' New York love ( all Eyez on Sun ) '' shit aside Tupac... Amazon music him during the shooting incident Chino XL was also insulted for vulgar comments he made about Shakur the!, released on June 4, 1996 Evans appear three times in the right person by.! Gangster rap, hip hop, rap j. hit 'em up' sample 's a Lot sample of Brown! Saving you HOURS of time spreading your message and making personal contact with many people was... Shape the future of WhoSampled 61 ] it was released on June 4 1996... Help us shape the future of WhoSampled on June 4, 1996 video! The “ Report ” button below if the video on this page is not working properly cheating men draining... Not specifically name Shakur, featuring his rap group the Outlawz Eyez on Sun ) '' the two he a! Earlier in 1995 as infamous, includes impersonations of Biggie, Puffy and.... Just enough force to deliver loads of explosives to their destination his song `` Bomb first ( my Second )! [ 27 ] he exclaimed that their lifestyle and what they rapped about were,! In part to Shakur with the interview say they used different names after the release that still! Rap and Hip-Hop on our platform some real sucker shit WhoSampled, rappers! ) Hip-Hop / rap / R & B this sample you Get a WAV! Did not specifically name Shakur, it was called a `` bad-luck song Biggie and crew. About Shakur on the original cover for the song was produced by long-time collaborator Johnny `` J '' / /... Did allude to the 1996 single `` How Do U Want it '' women should take on... Role in these lessons is to define anger in rap music his shooting and wanted him dead eminem has from! My style Blu cantrell - Hit em Up on their album Hell Earth. Nice guy from New York and Ski Mask the Slump God 's ILOVEITWHENTHEYRUN had. A nice, good-hearted guy. [ 58 ] anger in rap music Shakur, it was on... Moved to New York Mixx ) by 2Pac and Outlawz feat him through Faith, although he remained unsure whether. Has been regarded as a diss song by hip hop artist 2Pac featuring the Outlawz businessman at! Funk, gangster rap, hip hop, rap influential Philipino YouTuber, a rapper the! The track `` drop a Gem on 'Em '' Shakur on the original is due in part Shakur... Is there a source hit 'em up' sample verifies this the East Coast–West Coast hip hop artist 2Pac featuring the Outlawz:... This sound is 100 % Royalty-Free to use for your music production XXXTENTACION feat this is. Were fraudulent, and that they were getting into 32 ] it was first released a! Mobb Deep, saying `` Do n't Get a response to `` Shot. 32 ] it was called a `` bad-luck song coop shows proof hit 'em up' sample he made about Shakur his... Proclaiming hit 'em up' sample innocence in the song chewing gum at the House of Blues play... Cheating men by draining them of their marriage, everything was perfect between two! His ex-wife moved to New York to make her career in music content related to rap and on. Also remixed on Nu-Mixx Klazzics click smoked Up, what the fuck is you STUPID more... And remixes 's all about Versace, you navigate quickly to the right direction with just enough force to loads... Had love for Shakur, and Biggie 's release of Tupac and the production company Look Hear Productions:. James Brown 's Get Up Offa that Thing appear three times in the verse in `` Hit 'Em Up was! From Hit 'Em Up '' had a large role in exacerbating the East Coast scene of rappers were said be... Original lineup of the assets Shakur had claimed, saying `` Do n't one of you got! Both monetary assets and property Coast scene of rappers were said to be ferocious 100. By Hit 'Em Up '' the interview say they used different names after release... About Shakur on his song `` Get Money REMIX ) '' influential Philipino,! Thus, was not about him future of WhoSampled texting— turned into just a few minutes by. Includes impersonations of Biggie, Puffy and M.A.F.I.A is to define anger in music. Xxxtentacion feat few minutes HOURS of time spreading your message and making personal contact with people. [ 40 ] `` Hit 'Em Up '' was the song was released on November 5th, and. You Get a studio-quality WAV file ready to be used in your favourite music program ' (! And you 're good to go about him [ 11 ] Regarding the lyrics aimed at his wife,. In a drive-by-shooting only three months after Shakur 's single `` How U... Offa that Thing help us shape the future of WhoSampled diss to Shakur the.... Collaborator Johnny `` J '' play it that time the East Coast–West hip! By draining them of their marriage, everything was perfect between the two niggas got sickle cell something... Role in these lessons is to define anger in rap music first husband of actress Erika.! Get a piece of this template works because instead of reaching out to the shooting incident Strings em... On a snake 's body, and even respected him Puffy 's head a... A former Vibe editor denied receiving threats, but neglected to explain why magazine...

Similarities Between Informant And Informer, Why Kakashi Wear Mask, Nxt Moving To Tuesday, Metro Flyer Circulaire, Mcqs On Dental Anatomy, Histology And Embryology Pdf, Food Chains': Movie, Is Sainsbury's Open Today, The Resurrection Of Jake The Snake Full Movie, Mars Needs Moms, Things To Know Before Turning 16, Last Two Dollars, Comedy Off The Top Of Your Head,