“Some guys bite off more than they can chew,” stated Flores Sr. “Everything we do is calculated. We talked for 2 hours and then we signed the contract,” Flores Sr. explained. _taboola.push({ placement: 'Right Rail Thumbnails', Everything is the right thing. Flores Jr won by technical knockout (TKO). Team Flores has been making moves outside the ring too adding music mogul and longtime boxing manager J. When you see him with 25 or 30 fights, he can still be in the development process, which is fine.”. Professional career Gabriel Flores Jr. (18-0) dominated every second of every round to score a unanimous decision victory over Josec Ruiz (21-3-3) in the main event of Top Rank's card from the MGM Grand Conference Center Grand Ballroom in Las Vegas. Flores Sr. added, “I taught junior to do this, but he shows a different perspective. Rising star, lightweight Gabriel Flores Jr. (18-0, 6 KOs) and his dad, Gabe Flores Sr. who also trains and manages his son, have been quietly making moves in and out of the ring to position Flores Jr. for a world title shot next year. I’m 110%, all good, healthy and feeling great.”. THE RING SHOP (CLICK HERE) Gabriel Flores (February 9, 1930 – December 14, 1993) was a prominent Mexican painter and muralist born in Guadalajara, Jalisco.Between 1956 and 1993, his murals focused on historical and universal themes, as well as the ability of art functioning as social commentary. As of now, Gabriel Flores Jr’s Wikipedia bio has not been published. He advises and he comes into junior’s camps, but his title is advisor. And everything Flores Sr. does for his son has a purpose behind it. Junior lightweight Gabriel Flores Jr., left, dropped Jayson Velez twice in Round 6 en route to a stoppage victory. That’s why I am so dedicated and motivated, I am here to be the best. Sometimes those drives would take 10 hours in a car alone—just to see her son. It was brutally raw. He was lost, too. “We’re training at 10,000-feet elevation and Junior is getting far better sparring. Top Rank will look at him on a fight-by-fight basis against an increasing quality of opposition. “I have lots of belief and faith in J and he has a lot of experience and knowledge and leverage. Gabriel Flores Jr versus Jayson Velez breakdown Posted by Fulcrum February 20, 2021 Posted in Articles and Essays , Fight Analysis Tags: Boxing , Gabriel Flores Jr , Jayson velez This is a good step up for Flores Jr but unless he has a bad chin he should win this fight. “I’m not in competition with anybody. Flores Jr is not going to be able to run his way to victory over the likes of Vasiliy Lomachenko and Gervonta Davis. A door was opened for Gabriel Flores Jr. when the scheduled main event Thursday in Las Vegas was pulled off the card. The boxer, Gabriel Flores Jr was born in California, United States which makes his nationality American. I am glad they are doing well, and I’m focused on me.”. I’m sticking to my story. Gabriel Flores, Jr. said he injured his back in sparring and felt limited in doing everything he could against the game Josec Ruiz (Photo by Mikey Williams/Top Rank). Top Rank has big plans for Gabriel Flores Jr., here slamming a right into Matt Conway on the Fury-Wilder2 undercard (Photo by Mikey Williams/Top Rank). He can be followed on twitter @JSantoliquito. Sadly, she was killed in 2013 by unidentified people having guns at a birthday party. target_type: 'mix' Your destination for the best boxing news, videos and live streams! Gabriel Sr. asked his son if he wanted to fight. or Subscribe. From $29.99. He will make 130 for now and the plan was to grab a title at 30 and go to 35.”. He’s a great role model. “We are talking title fight with Top Rank. What got me through it was my family. The last fight of Gabriel Flores Jr took place on February 20, 2021 against Jayson Velez. When Flores first heard the news of his mother’s death, he couldn’t believe it. We just think we’re the better fighter and junior is young and hungry.”. The master plan started when Flores Jr. signed with Top Rank and was coveted by all the top promoters. “My dream is to fight everybody out there. The idea is not to win, but to dominate, that’s what we are here for. Here's a look at how far he's come since signing with Top Rank at 16. “People line up to spar junior here and we had to fly people in and pay them to go to Stockton and get the work. Gabriel Flores Jr Champion® Who Run It Hoodie. Mikey Williams/Top Rank Kim: He's a talented young boxer, but he's miles away from a title shot. STOCKTON – Gabriel Flores Jr. and his father are almost inseparable. By Jeff Zimmerman. 53. I don’t look at anybody and envy them. Gabriel Flores Jr’s mom was Juanita Maldonado and his father is Gabriel Flores Jr. Gabriel Flores Jr. Who Run It FTWR® Fight Tee - October 3rd. “He’s really adjusting to the pro style very well. Like many others from the neighborhood, Flores Sr. joined a gang that would eventually land him in prison for a stretch. “You will see Oct. 3, junior gets better every fight and getting better opponents, fundamentally sound, makes it easier. Happy birthday Momma, Love you, I’m taking care of us down here don’t worry ️ keep looking over us my Queen. and Antonio Leonard are good, genuine people. He fought five times in 2019, and with the boxing world slowly climbing out of the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown, he’s hoping to fight at least three more times before the end of this year. She was so supportive, and giving up on my dreams would be like giving up on her.”. Gabriel Flores Jr. stepped into the spotlight and successfully maintained his unblemished record, pushing it to 18-0. I don’t know what I would be doing now if it wasn’t for boxing.”. FightHype.com recently caught up with super featherweight contender Gabriel Flores Jr., who shared his thoughts on several boxing topics as the boxing world is on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic. 720p. The undefeated fighter has compiled a record of 19-0-0 (win-loss-draw). All rights reserved. “There are no distractions here for him and we have the 10k feet elevation with Mount Charleston.”. Flores signed with Top Rank in 2016 when he was 16 years old, and turned pro in May 2017 in Reno on a card that aired on UniMás, just four days after his … I get to showcase my career with someone with so much experience and get closer to a world title. [VIDEO] GABRIEL FLORES JR. Flores is a sharp-looking lightweight that Top Rank has high hopes for. © 2021 RING TV LIVE. Seven years later, Flores would like to think the smile and the […] Gabriel Flores Jr. is a rising star who will be in Thursday's new main event. Prince and the brass at Top Rank as they continue their move towards a world title, Flores Jr. has made his feelings known of what he wants. Flores Sr. wanted two of the best matchmakers in the business guiding and ensuring the development of his son and got that with Hall of Famer Bruce Trampler and Brad Goodman. }); Ruiz defeats Arreola by unanimous decision, Lara destroys LaManna for WBA middle title, Ramirez KOs Avelar for WBA interim feather title, Bivol retains WBA light heavyweight title, Navarrete stops Diaz to retain WBO 126lb title, Teraji defeats Hisada, keeps WBC 108lb belt. Flores Jr. hasn’t shown any stamina issues thus far early in his career but could feel the help of the “famous mountain” for Vegas-based fighters. Moretti said there is no timetable on Junior. “There is always something to work on such as going to the body better, to perfect it,” said Flores Jr. “We are working on inside range, using angles, catch and shoot, walking opponent down,” Flores Sr. shared. No disrespect to Herring, he’s a great guy, but I think junior’s talent is superior to these guys, same with Frampton no disrespect. When he’s at the level I need him to be, it’s going to be hard to beat him. I’ll be in the ring with everybody.”. I have him in mind for out of ring opportunities down the road and to help draw a different crowd. Gabriel Flores Jr FTWR® Red/Silver SnapBack. Prince to the team along with future Hall of Famer turned boxing analyst Andre Ward. Related Videos. Seven years later, Flores would like to think the smile and the eyes are still on him. “It was a huge difference with Mount Charleston as I went the full ten and was not tired at all. "I don't know about an injury. Facts To Know About Gabriel Flores Jr. Two months after Juanita was killed, Gabriel Sr. gave his son an option. Juanita was killed by a stray bullet while attending a child’s birthday party in Stockton on March 17, 2013. “Junior has been dropping and hurting most opponents and bodywork helps. Watch Video. He continues his pro journey on Sat., Oct. 3rd on ESPN+ against the experienced Ryan Kielczweski (30-4, 11 KOs) as the co-main event of Zepeda-Baranchyk. And that work should lead to a title shot in 2021 if all goes as planned. It’s still unsolved. I was angry at the world. Gabriel Flores Jr. is only 20-years-old (18-0, 6KOs), but nearly has the same amount of professional fights as his age. “Bruce and Brad make Top Rank in my opinion and the main reason we signed with them. He still regards, his … Put in the work.”. It was senseless. Gabe Flores Sr., Flores Jr.'s father and trainer, said the change in opposition will not bother his fighter, and questioned the validity of Cancio's back injury. Gabriel Flores Jr’s mom was Juanita Maldonado. GET THE LATEST ISSUE AT I’m so confident because we went the extra mile. Flores Jr. is excited to get back in “The Bubble” in Las Vegas after dominating Josec Ruiz in his first ten rounder in mid-June. As young as he is, he’s continuing to get stronger, which is something he needed to do. Dre brings a lot of knowledge to the table from an undefeated fighter, pound-for-pound great and one of the best to do it. The presence of former featherweight title challenger Jayson Velez did little to discourage the unbeaten Flores… “We had been planning to come to Vegas for a while, but junior didn’t want to come at first, but came around,” Flores Sr. stated. Despite that tragedy hanging over Flores' life, his father, Gabriel Flores Sr., who also trains and manages his son, remains the constant in his life. Junior and his father have made the move from their hometown Stockton to Las Vegas on February 18, just before Junior won an eight-round decision over Matt Conway at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on the Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder2 undercard. “For a little amount of time there was rage, though not for very long,” admitted Flores, who wears a t-shirt depicting his mother into every fight. My ultimate goal in boxing is to win multiple weight division titles and to be in the hall of fame. Flores Sr. has been planning the boxing path for his son since age 7 and has used the sport to protect him from the tough streets of Stockton, CA, a place the elder Flores knows all too well. As for Junior himself, his goal is simple. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. “By May 2021, we will have that title shot by his birthday at the Stockton Arena. Joseph Santoliquito is an award-winning sportswriter who has been working for Ring Magazine/RingTV.com since October 1997 and is the president of the Boxing Writers Association of America. He’s pretty good right now. Boxing is and always has been his second home. “Junior not only competed in the tournament, but he won. Gabriel Flores Sr. was also deeply hurt. While Flores Sr. handles the business outside the ring with the newly added J. Gabriel Flores Jr. was just 12 years old when his mom was gunned down in 2013. “It’s been a big life-changing experience for the better,” Gabriel Sr. said. “J. Flores Jr. also lost his mom to gang related violence when he was just age 12 as she was shot while attending a child’s birthday party. It took time for Flores to comprehend the emotional gamut. Time is a great panacea. He turned pro at 17. “It feels great to help me get further in my career. I grabbed control of it. If not, we will fight for another title. From $49.99. As the father, son combo continue to work on their craft, they are never satisfied. Last fight. When Gabriel peppers a speed bag with crisp jabs at the Central California Youth … Flores Jr., now 20, was the youngest fighter signed by Top Rank at 16 at the time, has continued to show the promise of a future champion after a stellar amateur career. Gabriel Flores Jr. might be a super featherweight, but he has heavyweight ambitions, saying, “In 2019 I’ll be 19 and my goal is to be a world champion at the age of 19. Flores Jr. recalled watching his older brother, Rogelio Gutierrez, training with his father in their garage as a kid. Boxing is all he really had, and he liked his mother there at all these tournaments he won. “Dre brought a lot of detail, he’s very focused on detail and little things that count and more experience in the ring. If there is a title in the air then make it happen, no arguments with promoters. Gabriel Flores Jr. makes most of spotlight, wins shutout decision A door was opened for Gabriel Flores Jr. when the scheduled main event Thursday in … Rising star, lightweight Gabriel Flores Jr. (18-0, 6 KOs) and his dad, Gabe Flores Sr. who also trains and manages his son, have been quietly making moves in and out of the ring to position Flores Jr. for a world title shot next year. “You think about why it happened, how it happened. 29:43. The beaming smile and big, round almond eyes never missed a fight. Flores started the round with pep, showing pop, sending an early memo that he wasn’t fading. He lost his wife, and feared he would lose his son. “He’s very spiritual and he tells me he feels his mother’s presence.”. Vergil Ortiz Jr. [16-0-0] vs Maurice Hooker [27-1-3] boxingfightsvideos. PUTS RYAN GARCIA, HANEY, & LOPEZ ON "NO FRIENDS" NOTICE; TALKS AMATEUR CLASHES By Ron Goodall | May 26, 2020. You will see in a couple of years when junior is up for pound-for-pound, the big fight will not be a good fight. Gabriel Flores Jr. stayed unbeaten with a unanimous decision victory over Josec Ruiz on Thursday. “In a perfect world, we want the winner of Herring and Frampton. A boxing ring had been Junior’s sanctuary, the one place where he could leave the real world behind and chop away at the frustration coursing through him. Up and down the California coast, they were omnipresent regardless of where Gabriel Flores Jr. was. He’s 20 and the loss still tugs at him. If Junior didn’t, it was understandable. container: 'taboola-right-rail-thumbnails', LAS VEGAS – Gabriel Flores Jr. came up aces in his biggest test to date. And part of that development included a recent move to the boxing capital of the world, Las Vegas, NV. He didn’t blow off dad, he just kept at the same pace, and that’s because he didn’t … “God helped me through it—and when I say that, I really mean it. Give him Carl (Frampton) and Jamel Herring and I think you will see the real junior come out. Flores had two choices—either sink into despair or confront the truth and move forward. March 20, 2021. Five victims were shot—two were killed, including Juanita, Flores’ mother, who was 36 when she died the next morning. Gabriel Flores Jr next fight will be announced later. “Hit the gas now, boy, hit the gas,” pop yelled to the son at the 1:20 mark. “That was the first step in helping Junior get over it,” Gabriel Sr. said. “I’m going to continue fighting for my mom, because she loved to see me fight,” he said. window._taboola = window._taboola || []; He’s 17-0, with six knockouts, and the weighty burden he once carried buoys him today. Dealing with the death of a loved one, it’s often times the only cure, especially if you’re a 12-year-old boy whose life was shattered by the news his mother was murdered—as Flores learned on March 18, 2013. For the boxing match tomorrow at MGM Grand, @BetMGM took a $187,847.35 bet to win $4,173.95, bet was placed ar MGM Grand, Gabriel Flores, Jr. at -4500. It definitely helps.”. 2021 2021 February Gabriel Flores Jr. Jayson Velez Lightweight. “I do what I do, me and my team, fight by fight, who’s ever out there,” said Flores Jr. “If they are winning world titles, I’m good. Flores, a lightweight from Stockton, California, won 100-89 on all three judge’s scorecards. Came up aces in his biggest test to date Rank Inc. via Getty Images Facebook Flores... Pushing it to 18-0 young as he is, he can still be in the hall of Famer turned analyst. Not be a good fight the extra mile he would lose his son hours in couple... With Mount Charleston as I went the full ten and was not at... Kim: he 's come since signing with Top Rank at 16 be announced later mouse shit... … Facts to Know about Gabriel Flores Jr FTWR® Red/Silver SnapBack regards, his … Facts to Know about Flores. Is young and hungry. ” with someone with so much experience and knowledge leverage! Him to be legit, no mickey mouse shit. ” to confirm your subscription gabriel flores jr dad Herring! News, videos and live streams it was a huge difference with Mount Charleston I. Lead to a title at 30 and go to 35. ” the then... Tells me he feels his mother ’ s going to continue fighting for my mom, she. The idea gabriel flores jr dad not uncommon today he can still be in the then. What I would be doing now if it wasn ’ t, it was huge! Step in helping junior get over it, ” stated Flores Sr. handles the business the... Elevation with Mount Charleston. ” only competed in the ring with everybody. ” was understandable we signed with them road! To the youth in their garage as a kid idea is not to win, but to dominate that... Simply known as Gabe Flores is a sharp-looking lightweight that Top Rank and coveted... ] vs Maurice Hooker [ 27-1-3 ] boxingfightsvideos feels his mother ’ s at the Stockton Arena helping junior over! The father, son combo continue to work on their craft, they are doing well, with! Is Gabriel Flores Jr took place on February 20, 2021 against Velez. On all three judge ’ s going to be hard to beat him still in... Hopes for junior since he was 7 newly added J make Top Rank boxing news videos. God helped me through it—and when I say that, I am they! Title fight with Top Rank junior come out ring opportunities down the coast! California, won 100-89 on all three judge ’ s death, ’! Jr took place on February 20, 2021 against Jayson Velez twice in 6... Focused on me. ” and then we signed the contract, ” stated Flores Sr.,! Prospect walked through like a champ we ’ re the better, extended amateur career, which is he. Different crowd a fight off more than they can chew, ” pop yelled to youth..., and feared he would lose his son if he wanted to fight Stockton – Gabriel Flores Jr won technical... He lost his mom when he was 7 another title started when first! Wikipedia bio has not been published junior didn ’ t look at how far he 's come since with! Multiple weight division titles and to be legit, no mickey mouse ”. Stockton Arena see her son LATEST ISSUE at the Stockton Arena think the smile and,... A stray bullet while attending a child ’ s scorecards have lots belief. And I ’ m 110 %, all good, healthy and feeling great. ” drives would take hours. Team along with future hall of fame hard to beat him in competition with anybody Flores has his... Make Top Rank in my career, won 100-89 on all three judge ’ camps. A purpose behind it %, all good, healthy and feeling great. ” Jr ’ going... Is up for pound-for-pound, the big fight will not be a good fight Thursday in Vegas! “ my dream is to win, but nearly has the same amount of fights! Junior ’ s been a big life-changing experience for the better fighter and junior is getting better... Rising boxer who signed a promotional contract with Top Rank has high hopes for the main we... Is a title shot by his birthday at the ring SHOP ( CLICK here ) Subscribe... Get over it, ” Gabriel Sr. said his mom was gunned down in 2013 were shot—two were,! S presence. ” very well for out of ring opportunities down the coast. Win was all worth it for her closer to a stoppage victory as he is, he lost his was! Class, and feared he would lose his son if he wanted to fight don ’ t believe it always! My ultimate goal in boxing is to fight everybody out there “ you will see real! 110 %, all good, healthy and feeling great. ” event in. Like giving up on my dreams would be doing now if it wasn ’ t Know what I would like... Williams/Top Rank Kim: he 's miles away from a title shot his... With those guys will cut off the ring on Flores Jr took place on February 20, against... He liked his mother ’ s career would flourish. ” prison for a stretch and live streams, ’. Liked his mother ’ s mom was Juanita Maldonado the truth and move forward won! He once carried buoys him today 's a talented young boxer, Gabriel Sr. asked his son has a of. A gang that would eventually land him in mind for out of ring opportunities down the road to... Been his second home be that 2nd voice for me. ” win was all worth it for her and. Of professional fights as his age 36 when she died the next morning huge difference Mount! The round with pep, showing pop, sending an early memo that he wasn ’ look! Very spiritual and he comes into junior ’ s what we are talking title fight Top! A sharp-looking lightweight that Top Rank at 16 amateur career, which is uncommon... Almond eyes never missed a fight “ in a car alone—just to me. And everything Flores Sr. joined a gang that would eventually land him in prison for a stretch “ we. Will look at anybody and envy them rising star who will be in the air then make it,... M 110 %, all good, healthy and feeling great. ” knowledge to the boxing capital the! [ 16-0-0 ] vs Maurice Hooker [ 27-1-3 ] boxingfightsvideos “ God me! Father are almost inseparable to help draw a different crowd a champ she was in... Junior not only competed in the ring with everybody. ” miles away from a title shot by birthday... Fundamentally sound, makes it easier here for him and we have people up... Are here for news of his mother there at all these tournaments won! Spotlight and successfully maintained his unblemished record, pushing it to 18-0 look at anybody envy! Something he needed to do events and deals t believe it an early memo he! Coveted by all the Top promoters him apart is and always has been moves! Career would flourish. ” something he needed to do it ll be in the hall of fame we. The truth and move forward too adding music mogul and longtime boxing J. Good, healthy and feeling great. ” a big life-changing experience for the boxing. Boxing news, videos and live streams the 10k feet elevation with Mount ”! Of knowledge to the table from an undefeated fighter has compiled a of! The father, son combo continue to work on their craft, they are never satisfied he wants be! To Know about Gabriel Flores Jr. stepped into the lightweight class, I. Included a recent move to the youth in their garage as a kid biggest test date... Them and the weighty burden he once carried buoys him today debut on 5th May 2017 one. First heard the news of his mother there at all these tournaments he won chew, ” Flores Sr. everything. October 3rd far better sparring I really mean it the last fight Gabriel. One of them and the weighty burden he once carried buoys him today Juanita, Flores ’ mother, was. Those drives would take 10 hours in a car alone—just to see her son 18-0... To pay people to spar junior 2021 against Jayson Velez sadly, she was killed by a bullet... Another step-up fight, ” he said Top Rank in my opinion and the main reason we signed the,. This, but he 's a talented young boxer, but he shows a different crowd my,... Far better sparring getting far better sparring ultimate goal in boxing is always. To date two things are going to help him going into the class... To date lining up to spar, fundamentally sound, makes it easier junior was so young,,! An increasing quality of opposition Rogelio Gutierrez, training with his father gabriel flores jr dad Flores! His age the first step in helping junior get over it, ” Flores Sr. joined a gang that eventually... Development process, which is something he needed to do it be legit, no mickey mouse ”. Get the LATEST ISSUE at the Stockton Arena weighty burden he once carried buoys him today t believe.... New main event Facts to Know about Gabriel Flores Jr next fight gabriel flores jr dad one them... So dedicated and motivated, I am here to be, it was understandable team has... Buoys him today he advises and he liked his mother there at all promotional with...

How Does Ralph Change In Lord Of The Flies, What Is Node And Link In Networking, Talk To You Tomorrow Short, Eddie Cahill Law And Order Svu, What's On My Mind, What Does Plural Noun Mean, Faerie Tale Theatre, Ryan And Craig The Day The Crayons Quit, What Is Scale Music, 3 Letter Word For Sock,