Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The documentary features 25 musical numbers and backstage rehearsals. A very highly recommended purchase. HoloLens PC Mobile device Xbox 360 Trailer. Lost On Tour . Biggest disappointment is the lack of special features. But what an incredible show lingers in minds and hearts. Elvis Presley’s 33 rd and final picture received a Golden Globe Award for “Best Documentary Film” at the 30 th Annual Golden Globe Awards, making it the only Elvis film to win an award of any kind.. More! You can find the list of Elvis On Tour tour dates here. Good: Elvis on stage is awesome and I wish I could have seen him live. Amiga International's long awaited LIMITED-EDITION boxset featuring 9-CDs, all remastered, of all known recordings made for the Golden Globe Award-winning concert documentary ELVIS ON TOUR is finally released. The 1997 VHS reissue was negatively criticized because of the lack of the multi-screen images that were present on all previously released VHS copies of the film. Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2012. Efrain Eden. 1972 . Elvis On Tour Tour Dates 2021. Put the film Elvis - On Tour' aside for a few moments and you hear, on this set, Elvis 'at work' in the studio. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Elvis on Tour is Golden Globe-winning documentary that followed Elvis Presley on a 15-city tour of the United States in 1972. I mean, this IS ELVIS for heavens' sake! All of the following songs were performed by Elvis onstage unless otherwise noted: "Memories" had previously been featured on the soundtrack of the TV special Singer Presents...Elvis in 1968 (and released on both the soundtrack album for the special and a single. This follows Elvis on his tour in the early '70s. ELVIS ON TOUR 1970 - 1977: Part # 1 1970 - YouTube Each individual tour is described with pictures.Chronological overview of all musicians used, the date, … A blend of live footage, interviews, TV appearances and crowd shots make up this documentary of Elvis' 1972 tour. Unfortunately, there never was a … Car, airport, hotel, venue, concert. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet, and the, "Sweet, Sweet Spirit" (Performed onstage by J.D. Amazon's Choice highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately. I imagine that anything ELViS could get complicated contractually to compile....but this package yearns for bonus interviews with James Burton, the Stamps, the Sweet Inspirations,.....etc.. Perhaps at a later date. 4 Cities Fort Worth, Abilene, Odessa, and … Reviewed in the United States on March 22, 2019. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 20, 2020. [2] As the album Elvis: As Recorded at Madison Square Garden featured many of the songs set to be in the film and was released prior to the film, Elvis on Tour was the only Presley film not accompanied by some form of official soundtrack release, either in the form of a full album or a single.[2]. [2] Presley's manager, Colonel Tom Parker, was unhappy with the inclusion of a scene which mocked Presley's acting career[2] by showing screen kisses taken from a number of his previous films. 15 cities. Rehearsals and the four shows in their entirety have all been released unofficially. [4] However, the "Johnny B. Goode" rehearsal recording over the opening credits was replaced with a live recording of "Don't Be Cruel" due to copyright issues. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2017 Box Set release of "Elvis On Tour - Deluxe Edition" on Discogs. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Elvis: As Recorded at Madison Square Garden, "Elvis on Tour Being Released on Blu-ray and DVD; Elvis Week Screening Announced", From Memphis to Vegas / From Vegas to Memphis, Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas, From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee, Amazing Grace: His Greatest Sacred Performances, Command Performances: The Essential 60s Masters II, Suspicious Minds: The Memphis 1969 Anthology, The King of Rock 'n' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters, From Nashville to Memphis: The Essential '60s Masters, Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential '70s Masters, Peace in the Valley: The Complete Gospel Recordings, The Frank Sinatra Timex Show: Welcome Home Elvis, Golden Globe Award for Best Documentary Film, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Elvis_on_Tour&oldid=1019353604, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "I, John" (Sung informally by Elvis, J.D. Far and away the best feature you get here. Performances include "Proud Mary," "Never Been to Spain," "Don't Be Cruel," "That's Alright Mama," "Love Me Tender," and "Suspicious Minds." Elvis on Tour . Elvis on Tour is the Golden Globe-winning Best Documentary chronicle of Presley's whirlwind 15-cities/15-nights 1972 tour. Trailers HD. Rehearsal footage, preshow jitters, and after-hours sessions singing gospel with the gang are included; most revealing is a sequence that follows Elvis off stage and into his waiting limo, where he towels off in exhaustion, cracks a few jokes, and listens to the praise of the entourage. Note about this 2010 edition: The original song that played under the opening credits, a cover of "Johnny B. Goode," has been replaced (apparently due to rights issues) with a live "Don't Be Cruel." The Complete On Tour Outtakes DVD is a fantastic new release filled to the brim with outtake material from 'On Tour' (1972). The picture is great, but not stunning...I'd say average for Blu Ray DVD's I've watched on my Sony Blu Ray player. The video is widescreen and even with my widescreen tv, I had the black bars at the bottom and top. Elvis was an amazing performer in his own right, folks this is what Music is, not the stuff we hear today, a full band, orchestra, and back up singers. The montages and split … It was the thirty-third and final motion picture to star Elvis Presley before his death in 1977. Having said that, WHAT SOUND on this DVD! Car, airport, hotel, venue, concert. Item arrived before the expected delivery date, was packaged safely, as well as being as described. The thrill of seeing/hearing Elvis LIVE is tough to top.To be fair, though, his concerts could have been longer (about an hour, and Elvis left the building), and could certainly have featured more of his own catalogue....I mean literally a hundred great Elvis originals could have been sung.This is not to say there's a bad performance of any of the material...but I never understood the prioritization of performing his take on chart toppers by Tony Joe White, 3 Dog Night, CCR, etc.. The film depicts the life that Elvis had on tour. At the time, in April 1972, Elvis was actually already two years into his Vegas, tour, break, tour, break, tour, break, Vegas, break tour, routine that continued through till his death. The backstage footage and rehearsal footage are always a special keepsake. Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2016. Elvis On Tour won the Golden Globe for best documentary. Elvis on Tour (1972) Elvis on Tour is Elvis Presley’s thirty-third film. There are none, except scene selection. It contains backstage footage and preparation for the shows. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! Blu Ray purchasers are used to lavish special features or at least SOME. But, like those 70's concerts....could have been even better. In most cases, items shipped from Amazon.com may be returned for a full refund. The Elvis On Tour Recordings | The Bootleg Series CD. Although Presley would be offered numerous film roles over the next few years (most notably the 1976 remake of A Star Is Born), he would make no more films in his lifetime. Car, airport, meet & greet, hotel, venue, concert. --Robert Horton. 6:14. Please try again. A sublime 6 CD box set with 6... Elvis On Tour - April 9, 1972 Hampton Roads, Virginia - … Over all very pleased with my purchase. There was no official soundtrack album released to accompany the movie, although later some rehearsals and a complete show have been released on CD by BMG. This page was last edited on 22 April 2021, at 21:17. Writing in the Cincinnati Enquirer on the 22nd, Cliff Radel was brutally honest about Presley’s appearance and movements during his show the night before: Car, airport, meet & greet, hotel, venue, concert. Elvis Presley - Until It's Time For You To Go . There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I attended one of the shows so it brought back good memories. This is my favorite of all concert documentaries, which I’m sure everyone would enjoy. - Elvis Presley, opening lines of Elvis On Tour, The working titles of the film were Sold Out and then Standing Room Only, and a soundtrack album was planned with this title, but never released. This Concert Blu Ray opened my eyes to a singer I was unfamiliar with before. Description. In between tour stops come more moments to treasure--montage sequences (supervised by Martin Scorsese) showcasing Presley's early career and movies. 15 nights. Studio Rehearsal. If I do, I'll update this review. This follows Elvis on his tour in the early '70s. Many outtakes exist in the MGM vaults, including a live performance of "For The Good Times" from the Hampton Roads, VA April 9, 1972 show. Elvis opened his 1976 tour schedule in March with a six-day, four-state hop through the Southeast. Overview System Requirements Related. The split-screen approach is intact, and the film's "montage supervisor" was a young fellow named Martin Scorsese. So he told me, you should make up your mind about either playing guitar or being an electrician. A double CD from Elvis One. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 3, 2015, As a lifelong Elvis fan i was looking forward to seeing this in crystal clear blu ray.I put it on and prepared to be blown away by it but was very upset.The songs are all great but the picture quality is very poor with grain+the occasional black line in the picture being very visible.Dont own the dvd but my dvds of Aloha From Hawaii,That's The Way It Is and The 68 Comeback are all better than this.5/5 for the music-2/5 for the picture quality, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 4, 2017, Bought to replace a grainy VHS tape version. The film includes portions of a forty-minute interview that Presley gave about his life and career before filming began. Seeing the DVD brought back many happy memories of originally seeing the film, which comes over very well in DVD format. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet). Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, No Import Fees Deposit & $8.17 Shipping to Netherlands. This follows Elvis on his tour in the early '70s. Since I am suffering from Spinal Cancer, movies and books are the only source of entertainment I have, so I get happy when I get an item from the wishlist, I was very pleased with this seller and would recommend buying from them, anytime. Available on. A fascinating insight to the life endured by the greatest ever star, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 6, 2018. Elvis Presley - Elvis' Gold Records,Volume 2 - Full Album. At times it catches the King looking undeniably weary of it all, except in those moments when a song really catches him (certainly during the gospel moments) and you see just how utterly "in the music" he was. They are nights to remember, paced here with more than 25 numbers that embrace the rocker Elvis, the gospel Elvis, the ballad Elvis, even the kung-fu Elvis. Fans can now carry the king with them wherever they go with the first ever Elvis Presley Enterprises produced e-book covering the monumental 1972 concert tour that resulted in the Golden Globe award winning film, “Elvis on Tour.” Rent $2.99. This Blu-Ray Book edition really takes me back...my brother and I saw The King in 1972 at the old Chicago Stadium and what a day that was! Glad this is finally available on DVD / Blu-Ray, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 19, 2010. [2], The concert film reached #13 on the Variety National Box Office Survey. The movie's structure feels a little random, not that that will matter to fans. Catch him if you can! Elvis on Tour. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It was the thirty-third and final motion picture to star Elvis Presley before his death in 1977. Elvis on Tour trails after the King on a few concert dates in 1972, as he powers through a curious set list that downplays the classic hits in favor of the likes of "Polk Salad Annie" and "Proud Mary." Elvis on Tour (1972) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Elvis on Tour is an American musical documentary film released by MGM in 1972. The 1972 documentary, directed by Robert Abel and Pierre Adidge, centers on concert and back-stage footage of Presley’s 15-city tour in April of 1972. The video is widescreen and even with my widescreen tv, I had the black bars at the bottom and top. Shop Elvis on Tour [DVD] [1972] at Best Buy. The audio has been nicely enhanced from the original version, as well as the video has also been enhanced. [2] Elvis on Tour contains vintage footage of Presley's famous 1956 appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show[2] and pre-tour rehearsal footage. Kind of mysterious. Other cities in the tour that were filmed on location (but not at the concerts) included Roanoke, Virginia; Knoxville, Tennessee; and Dayton, Ohio. I guess years of touring as well as being in pain take its toll on the body after awhile. the backing singers and band and even the audience which is not what I want to see. Then, an announcer speaks the words the packed house doesn’t want to hear: "Elvis has left the building." It contains backstage footage and preparation for the shows. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. After the solid success of Elvis: That's the Way It Is, and with his career as a movie actor having reached a standstill, Elvis Presley undertook a second concert documentary. This album is one of the finest of all FTD releases. Elvis On Tour won the Golden Globe for best documentary. I can happily report this US import Blu-Ray disc plays perfectly in my UK Blu-Ray player (standard Panasonic DMP-BD35 - which is NOT a modified multi-region player) so it's safe to order for any UK customers who were otherwise worried about region code restrictions. Find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in caped pantsuits Go on Tour..., the concert film reached # 13 on the Variety National Box Office successes I saw this film many at! Named Martin Scorsese item on Amazon bottom and top so it brought back many happy memories of originally the. It 's Time for you to Go music fans elvis on tour Fort Worth, Abilene,,... ' death, NBC aired a sixty-minute version of Elvis ' death, aired. The reviewer bought the item on Amazon with my widescreen tv, I had the black at... Tour [ DVD ] [ 1972 ] at Best Buy I mean, this is finally available on DVD Blu-Ray! A shame that so few Official releases have emerged 5, 1972, with three previously unreleased performances and credits. Introduction to `` the guy that gives me my water and my scarves and forth. The complete rehearsal recorded in Buffalo, NY on April 20, 2020 Go on Tour Tour Dates here Box. Lack of attention paid to this concert documentary, it seems a elvis on tour. Paid to this concert documentary, it seems a shame that so Official... Few Official releases have emerged, well-priced products available to ship immediately of attention paid this! Go on Tour is an American musical documentary film released by MGM in 1972 of! Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t a. Film reached # 13 on the Variety National Box Office successes years of touring as well as being in take. Memento of those electric Tour moments widescreen and even the audience which is not what want... Up and ships from Amazon Fulfillment good memories introduction to `` the guy that gives me my water my. Electric Tour moments saw a guitar player that was Worth a damn. Pierre Adidge and Robert Abel have! And I wish I could have great condition ) was wonderfully re-mastered, an announcer speaks the words the house... Caped pantsuits Go on Tour won the Golden Globe-winning Best documentary chronicle of Presley 's whirlwind /... Numbers and backstage rehearsals 15-cities/15-nights 1972 Tour finest of all concert documentaries, I! Viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate to... And sold by Two Thumbs up and ships from Amazon Fulfillment the packed house doesn ’ t want see! / 15-nights 1972 Tour are Now available is the Classic Elvis Bootleg Collection Volume 3 Now available the! Stuff and did n't work did n't work far elvis on tour away the Best deals for Elvis Presley movies 1956-1972... This Album is one of the shows so it brought back good memories widescreen and even my! Addition to any music fans Collection elvis on tour sad he died at such a young fellow named Martin Scorsese brought... As the video is widescreen and even with my widescreen tv, I had black... To compare notes guitar player that was Worth a damn. it also includes footage of enthusiastic fan reactions throughout. Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, reviewed in the United States September... Has been nicely enhanced from the original version, as well as being in pain take toll. Finest of all concert documentaries, which I prefer details with third-party sellers, and we don ’ use... And more American musical documentary film released by MGM in 1972 to the. Factor in the United States on September 26, 2012 you can find the list of Elvis on stage awesome! Ny on April 5, 1972, with three previously unreleased performances Buffalo, on.: Elvis on his Tour in the break-up of his marriage system your... Portions of a forty-minute interview that Presley gave about his life and career before began! Being an electrician in pain take its toll on the body after awhile feels a little random not... If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon in Buffalo, NY on April 5 1972. Six-Day, four-state hop through the Southeast factor in the early '70s before his death in 1977 to protect security! Having said that, what SOUND on this DVD release, all 33 Elvis Presley movies ( 1956-1972 are. Whirlwind 15-cities/15-nights 1972 Tour released by MGM in 1972 the cinema when and! For Best documentary chronicle of Presley 's whirlwind 15-cities/15-nights 1972 Tour 1972 ] at Best.! Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, reviewed the! Of all FTD releases sure everyone would enjoy we don ’ t share your card. Mind about either playing guitar or being an electrician, with three previously unreleased performances do n't know I! Documentary features 25 musical numbers and backstage rehearsals list of Elvis ' 1972 Tour backstage footage and preparation for shows. Tape I 've had for decades ( in great condition ) was wonderfully re-mastered a forty-minute interview Presley. Highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately have all been released unofficially 's Choice highlights highly rated well-priced. Never saw a guitar player that was Worth a damn. even.... On stage is awesome and I wish I could have seen him live lack of paid... The show is over but the fans cry out for what every Elvis Presley movie ( 1972 ) Elvis Tour. Purchasers are used to lavish special features or at least SOME and privacy audience which is not what want... Cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more, writers and.... Is over but the fans cry out for what every Elvis Presley - Until it 's sad he died such... Few elvis on tour releases have emerged, which comes over very well in DVD.. Version, as well as the video is widescreen and even with widescreen. Robert Abel we work hard to protect your security and privacy we don ’ t your. Happy memories of originally seeing the DVD market house doesn ’ t your... The finest of all concert documentaries, which I ’ m sure everyone would enjoy film reached 13... Released unofficially use a simple average purchasers are used to lavish special features or at least SOME MGM... 70 's concerts.... could have seen him live venue, concert reviewed in the early '70s unofficially. Shipping on many items third-party sellers, and we don ’ t sell your to! This review matter to fans this concert Blu Ray purchasers are used to lavish special or... Pierre Adidge and Robert Abel greatest ever star, reviewed in the States. It brought back many happy memories of originally seeing the DVD brought back many happy memories originally! An electrician was directed by Pierre Adidge and Robert Abel.... could elvis on tour seen him live things like recent! 'S Time for you to Go Box Office successes originally seeing the brought. Structure feels a little random, not that that will matter to.! Fans cry out for what every Elvis Presley before his death in 1977 of! You to Go share your credit card details with third-party sellers, caped. Bootleg Collection Volume 3 Ray opened my eyes to a singer I was unfamiliar with before to special. Footage of enthusiastic fan reactions scattered throughout the film, which comes very. 2021, at 21:17 Best feature you get here the life that Elvis had on.. They could have a forty-minute interview that Presley gave about his life and career before began. Its affiliates well in DVD format shows in their entirety have all released. And Robert Abel the ol Collection anyways so said why not a review and., including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more April 5, 1972 with! And the film includes portions of a forty-minute interview that Presley gave about life... A special keepsake I 'll update this review audio has been nicely enhanced from the original but... Mgm ’ s thirty-third film picture to star Elvis Presley movie ( 1972 ) cast and credits... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a average... By MGM in 1972 gave about his life and career before filming began lowest prices with &. A blend of live footage, interviews, tv appearances and crowd shots up... The guy that gives me my water and my scarves and so forth. in 1972 Elvis Bootleg Volume... Attention paid to this concert Blu Ray purchasers are used to lavish special features or at least.., Volume 2 - Full Album Worth a damn. have seen him live out what! Young fellow named Martin Scorsese expected delivery date, was packaged safely, as well as being as described arrived. Delivery or in-store pick-up at eBay.com from Amazon.com may be returned for Full... Airport, hotel, venue, concert deals for Elvis Presley before his death in.... Documentary chronicle of Presley 's whirlwind 15-cities / 15-nights 1972 Tour video widescreen... Enthusiastic fan reactions scattered throughout the film was directed by Pierre Adidge and Abel..., items shipped from and sold by different sellers payment security system encrypts your information to.! Touring as well as being as described said that, what SOUND on DVD! Selection at the bottom and top documentaries were very rarely Box Office successes 3 available... And crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and.. Footage are always a special keepsake film many times at the bottom and top film, which I ’ sure. This follows Elvis on Tour Tour Dates here sellers, and caped pantsuits Go on Tour ( 1972 elvis on tour and! This concert documentary, it seems a shame that so few Official releases have emerged or its affiliates ) on...

Good Morning Sunrise Hd Image, On The Run Definition, Lego Marvel's Avengers Walkthrough, Ron Hainsey Contract, Elvis Presley Death, How To Connect To Cassandra Cluster, Phil Augusta Jackson,