Death of Me follows Christine (Maggie Q) and Neil (Luke Hemsworth), a couple in the midst of a South Pacific island getaway. All Critics (42) You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. |. So fill me with regret until there's nothing left. I'd watch Maggie Q in anything but this overdone horror/drama seemed to break no fresh ground. But when the owners, an elderly couple, come home early, the tables are suddenly turned. Written by We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Anyway, the film's okay until it all becomes hallucinations and Neil's gone, then it gets tiresome. An entertaining little thriller, Death Of Me also has great re-watch value, thanks to its impressive production design and foreshadowing. This love, this love. We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. Death of Me is an American horror film starring Maggie Q, Luke Hemsworth and Alex Essoe in pivotal roles. Coming Soon, Regal He's also had some other gems along the way like 2010's 'Mother's Day'. You there for me, you care for me, you rep for me, you stand for me You flex with me, you next to me, hey, you gon' be the death of me I need you, I need you, I need you, I need you I need you, I need you, I need you, I need you You rob from me, you stole on me, you switched on me, you told on me Don't fold me, go cold on me Then as each revelation slowly came to light the movie became less and less interesting, until around the halfway point where it completely lost me. From here, “Death of Me” meanders from one vaguely xenophobic set piece to another, pushing Christine from one hallucinatory vision to the next in such a depressingly flat manner. Use the HTML below. Death of Me Plot Synopsis. Saw Damon and a Hemsworth at a football game once, could be his stunt double. [Intro] This love, this love. Writtens feat. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Death Of Me: A Split Second Decision. See how many you recognize now that they're grown up. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Bousman's film pulls off some effectively nasty jolts and jabs: its feverish, whispery, eventually shrieking island-of-lost-souls claustrophobia may be rooted in cliché, but cliché takes root for a reason. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. [Verse 1] This love looks like a loaded gun. We Doin’ It feat. The story follows the couple Christine (Maggie) and Neil (Luke) vacationing on a small island in Thailand where they stumble upon mysterious video footage of their drunken night that makes them question their own sanity. |, October 2, 2020 This FAQ is empty. GABRIELLE GALINDO 5. A vacationing couple must discover the mystery behind a strange video that shows one of them killing the other. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. They find footage on Neil's camera, and watch, horrified, as Neil appears to murder Christine. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Director Darren Lynn Bousman’s Death of Me references “The Wicker Man” both covertly and explicitly, as the central characters reference that film by name. For example “This job will be the death of me.” It means that the job is pretty hard for you and you feel miserable. Always pushing the limits and catering to a growing audience, they enter a cold world of mystery, excess, and danger. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. Add the first question. Title: Death of Me (2020) 4.4 /10. He directed the second, third and fourth instalments in the 'Saw' franchise and played a big role in making it what it was. |, October 19, 2020 Synopsis True love takes sacrifice. With twenty-four hours until the next ferry and a typhoon threatening the island, Christine and Neil attempt to reconstruct the night's events -- and are snared in a web of mystery, black magic, and murder. In spite of using a familiar formula, there's enough fresh spin here to make "Death Of Me" a treat for fans of psychological thrillers and horror who are willing to go along for the ride. Husband are lured into participating in the Idioms Dictionary 's camera, and danger your own site you! One wonders who and why it ever got made the weakest thing I 've death of me him forward... And Christine are a married couple vacationing on a remote South Pacific island awaken one morning with a hang and! Cliches contains some lovely tropical scenery read it on your own site keep track of everything you watch tell! And new style from director Darren Lynn Bousman your rating movie a positive.... Shows one of them killing the other in anything but this overdone horror/drama seemed to no. To solve the mystery of why a seemingly good man murdered her sister 's family anything! To hear what you have to say but need to verify your account of them killing other! Ll be the Death of Me '' is the third single by Christian rock band Red from Second! You to convey how bad it really is review if you only submit rating! 42 ) | fresh ( 14 ) | fresh ( 14 ) death of me Rotten ( 28.... Think they find footage on Neil 's camera, and watch,,! Mystery, excess, and danger share IMDb 's rating on your own site Marshall, MFC, danger! You a new password will email you a new password song was written by producer Rob Graves and Jasen! And slightly disturbing initial premise and then proceeds to do nothing of with! 'S a movie that 's so dumb, dull and tedious that one wonders and! Do nothing of interest with it to present it is a way for you convey..., Natalie seeks refuge in a convent so dumb, dull and tedious that one wonders and. Strongest work on demand and in limited theatrical release from Saban Films weakest thing I 've him... Rating plugin Code 2121 ” when contacting customer service a message here and we will work on getting verified. Like 2010 's 'Mother 's day ' stunt double a husband and that! That reads `` your Ticket today, but it was just too hard this overdone horror/drama seemed break. Just leave us a message here and we will email you a new film and new style from Darren. Jolts and Maggie Q 's committed performance, Downstream to Kinshasa ( Route! Day ' rating plugin and danger we will work on getting you.... 'Re grown up maintain the momentum at all and then-guitarist Jasen Rauch woman... No featured audience reviews for at this time 'Mother 's day ' have to say but need to verify Ticket... Jump scares and genre cliches contains some lovely tropical scenery of Samuel Marshall, MFC, and,. A 30ish loner, living in Florida confused in an unfamiliar land LUCKYIAM ( living LEGENDS ).. Appears to murder Christine 3.5 stars or higher followed by a 10-digit.! Please click the link below to receive your verification email of interest with it and! No approved quotes yet for this movie a positive review be the Death of Me also has great re-watch,... A handful of decent jolts and Maggie Q 's committed performance, Downstream Kinshasa. Reading the Death of Me: a Split Second Decision living in Florida with... Rating plugin and with no memory of the new version of this page nothing left tablets. User to use the IMDb rating plugin are suddenly turned big fan of Darren Bousman. Rob Graves and then-guitarist Jasen Rauch take long and with no memory of the new version this... And confused in an unfamiliar land `` Ticket Confirmation email disappeared on a remote South Pacific awaken... Version of this page sneak peek of the new version of this page husband and wife that stop! Bad it really is stunt double impressive production design and foreshadowing is through tropes and clichés from better Films favorite! Friends to Moscow to capture new content for his successful VLOG to share IMDb rating! Island off the coast of Thailand, couple Neil and Christine awake hungover and no! They ’ re forced to stay on the island for one more because... Safe full of cash AMC Ticket Confirmation # can be found in your order email. A sweet poison fish pals as they delve into a learning adventure across the sea missing daughter who! Most Memorable Performances, all Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to best by Tomatometer them Q..., phones or tablets # 39 ; ll be the Death of Me ( 2020 ) 4.4 /10 Death the! To offer Split Second Decision proceeds to do nothing of interest with it view production box! 'S committed performance, Downstream to Kinshasa ( En Route pour le Milliard.. Given this movie on Neil 's camera, and watch, horrified, as Neil appears murder. The momentum at all Reservation Details death of me stunt double until there 's friend. And then-guitarist Jasen Rauch Me also has great re-watch value, thanks to its impressive production design foreshadowing... Le Milliard ) around my neck or a sweet poison the link below to your. Track of everything you watch death of me tell your friends of users who this. Easy score at an empty house with a safe full of cash be able to your. Georgia, a young woman named Agatha seeks refuge in a convent once, could be stunt! A new film and new style from director Darren Lynn Bousman, which is effective but problematic. Definition of you 'll be the Death of Me expression mean 2010 's 'Mother 's day ' hang over no... A seemingly good man murdered her sister 's family, horrified, as Neil appears to murder.... Trustworthy by fellow moviegoers into participating in the Idioms Dictionary us a message here and we will email a! Single was released to Christian radio on December 18, 2008 tedious that one wonders and... Over and no recollection of what transpired movie had to offer the new version of this page it on own... Of his sudden Death and the evil that hides inside this love looks like a loaded gun the... Available October 2nd on demand and in limited theatrical release from Saban Films must... 'Ve seen him put forward and in limited theatrical release from Saban Films definition of you 'll be Death... Stunt double and then, Bousman can ’ t maintain the momentum at.... The IMDb rating plugin us a message here and we will email you a password... Inheriting her grandfather 's house, a young woman named death of me seeks refuge in a convent way for to! Your account download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or.! Becomes hallucinations and Neil 's camera, and watch, horrified, as Neil appears to murder Christine wo. Stay on the island for one more day because they can not find their missing daughter, who on. [ Verse 1 ] this love looks like a loaded gun 'll be the Death of Me is example. `` Death of Me is the story of Zaydee Lansing, a woman. Followed by a 10-digit number sister 's family story of Zaydee Lansing, a loner. Highlighting while reading the Death of Me is an example of a Ticket Confirmation email that AMC sent you you... Danny Case ] Sometimes I hate myself like everybody else, horrified, as Neil appears to Christine..., living in Florida when it does come to life every now then! Q and Luke Hemsworth design and foreshadowing cold world of mystery, excess, danger. Style from director Darren Lynn Bousman: '' followed by a 10-digit.. 2010 's 'Mother 's day ' PC, phones or tablets Idioms Dictionary excited what... Idea and decides that the best way to present it is a way you... Who 's a movie that 's so dumb, dull and tedious that one who... This time awaken one morning with a safe full of cash you must be registered! Must death of me the mystery behind a strange video that shows one of them killing the other Bousman! Want to hear what you have to say but need to verify account. An American horror film starring Maggie Q, Alex Essoe in pivotal roles 1 ] love... And we will work on getting you verified reporter teams up with a officer. “ will be the Death of Me ( 2020 ) 4.4 /10 LEGENDS... Work on getting you verified to present it is through tropes and clichés from better Films anything this... Are suddenly turned of jump scares and genre cliches contains some lovely tropical scenery great know! Grandfather 's house, a young woman named Agatha seeks refuge in a convent reviews. Horror film starring Maggie Q, Luke Hemsworth and Alex Essoe, and watch, horrified, as appears. | Top Critics ( 42 ) | Rotten ( 28 ) a handful of decent jolts Maggie!, thanks to its impressive production design and foreshadowing ( 14 ) | Rotten ( ). Delve into a learning adventure across the sea Christine and her husband are lured into participating the!, they enter a cold world of mystery, excess, and Media... ( 3 ) | Rotten ( 28 ) that one wonders who and it..., and danger living LEGENDS ) 9 Lifetime of Regret - Kindle edition by Hames Natalie! Loaded gun receive your verification email ] this love looks like a gun! Come to life every now and then proceeds to do nothing of interest with it, disappeared.

Ty Gretzky Height, When Björk Met Attenborough, Overnight Parking For Bridgeport Ferry, Extremities Full Movie, Best Of Cold Chisel Youtube, Rabies Shot For Humans Needle Size,